Photos courtesy of Fairview Park Historical Society. Left, Franklin Lewis family 1890s Rockport Twp. Right, First State Street (now Lorain Rd.) high level bridge spanning Rocky River Valley looking toward Cleveland, ca. 1895.
Rockport Township, when originally surveyed, was known as Township 7 in Range 14 of the Connecticut New Western Reserve. The governmental body was organized in 1819. What was the township contains at least parts of Cleveland, Fairview Park, Lakewood, Linndale, and Rocky River. (Information from Wikipedia)