The Forest House hotel stood south of the C.C.C.&St.L. and west of the Big Four tracks. It was the second largest hotel in the town next to the Scott House which burned in 1892. In 1860-61, P. Carson was the proprietor.1
Known individuals are identified in the photograph. Click it to see an enlarged image.
1The Ohio state gazetteer and business directory for 1860-61, George W. Hawes, Indianapolis,: 1860