Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

 

 

Village of Delta

Photo Page

 

Join us for our

150th Anniversary Celebration

 

 

 

Lincoln Hotel was on southwest corner of Main and Lincoln Street


 

Old Longnecker Home was on Main St where First Federal Bank is now


 
   

Aerial View of old East Delta, Ohio


 
  Early 1900's
 
 

 

Looking East on Providence Street


 

 

Trolley Car Running down Main Street, Circ. 1902


 

 

First school was known as "The Hill of Science" built in 1870 was located on present day Wilson St. (then Bridge St) behind the old Presbyterian Church


 

 
 

Second school was the Wood St School built in 1889 located in the

area of current Fernwood St. between Wood St and Monroe St.,

opened September 1890 and torn down in 1940


  Same school after addition (next)
 
 
   
 
   
   
   
 
   
 
   
 
   
   
 
 

Third school was the Fernwood Street School built in 1938-39 and opened Sept 11, 1939.  First addition was added in 1954; 2 classrooms, a kindergarten room and Activities Room to East end, plus the Band Room behind the gymnasium. Second addition added in 1957 when the Elementary north wing was built. This building was just demolished this Summer 2012


 
 

 

 

Calendar of Sesquicentennial Events

Click Here


 

Table of Contents Outline

   
   

 


Links to Other Pages


 

 

Sesquicentennial Committee Appreciation Page

 

Early Delta History

 

Delta Park History

 

Delta Photos of the Past

 

1860 Federal Census list for Village of Delta

with other facts and biographical information of the early settlers

 

Mary Augusta WOOD

First child born in village of Delta

 

Delta Antique Building Collapses

June 2008

 

BACK TO HOMEPAGE

   
   
  This Page Was Last Modified Friday, 12-Oct-2012 13:09:45 MDT
Maintained by Mark Lozer, webmaster.
Send E-mail to: lozer@fulton-net.com