Profiles of Roman Catholic Parishes
in Cincinnati and Hamilton County

All Saints

through

Saint Ann

All Saints

Address: Cincinnati, Ohio
Community: Fulton
Location: Goodlow St. opposite Kemper Ln. (East Third Street)
Status: Closed 1936
Congregation Organized: 1845
Original Church Dedicated: November 9, 1845
Parent Parishes: Old Cathedral on Sycamore (St. Francis Xavier)
Ethnicity: English-speaking, Irish
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes: Formerly Christ Church
Bibliography:

All Saints

Address: 8939 Montgomery Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45236
Telephone: (513) 791-6351, Fax: (513) 792-4730
E-mail: stremblay@allstccath.org
Web Site: http://www.allsaints.cc
Community: Kenwood/Sycamore Township
Location:
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Organized: 1948
Original Church Dedicated: November 1, 1952
Parent Parishes:
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes: [History of All Saints from parish web site]:
All Saints Parish is situated on a 12-acre tract of land on Montgomery Road in
Sycamore Township. The Reverend Thomas A. Devitt was the founder of All Saints Church. On
December 7, 1948 he was named administrator of the mission parish of 37 families. On
February 13, 1949, sixty parishioners attended the first Mass held in the old white
farmhouse (no longer standing) on Montgomery Road. All Saints Church was actually built
in three phases. On July 16, 1951 the ground breaking began for a new church. This
first church building was under roof for Christmas Midnight Mass, 1951. The original
church, now called the main wing, was designed for a seating capacity of
360. In 1952 Fr. Devitt was promoted from administrator to Pastor. On our pastoral feast,
All Saints Day, November 1, 1952, Archbishop Karl J. Alter dedicated the
church. The church was expanded in 1961 with the completion of the south wing,
providing for an additional 200 seats. This addition included the south vestibule;
bell tower complete with electronic bells, and a side altar, which was later
converted to the Eucharistic Chapel. The final expansion of the church occurred in
the early 1970?s under the guidance of Fr. Paul Kappes. This section of the church is
now called the north wing and it was part of a larger addition, which included the
church offices and rectory, and the downstairs music room. This final addition to the
church brought the seating capacity to 760. In 1994, Father Dennis Jaspers was
appointed our pastor. In 1999 our new Parish Center opened which included a new
Gymnasium, Jubilee Room, parish offices, kitchen, and several meeting rooms. Also
located on our campus is All Saints School, housed in a 30,000 square foot single
story building for grades K-8. The school was built in four phases beginning in 1954.
Bibliography:

Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Address: 3547 Clifton Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 45220
Telephone: (513) 861- 1295
E-mail:
Web Site: Treasured Catholic Churches of Cincinnati: Annunciation 
Community: Clifton
Location: near Resor Ave.
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Organized: 1910
Original Church Dedicated: November 6, 1910
Parent Parishes: Holy Name, St. George, St. Andrew, St. Clement,
St. Patrick (Cumminsville), and Sacred Heart (Camp Washington)
Ethnicity: English-speaking
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:
Bibliography:

Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Presentation)

Address: 2622 Gilbert Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 45206
Telephone: (513) 961- 3242
E-mail:
Web Site:
Community: Walnut Hills
Location: at Curtis Ave.
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Organized: 1872
Original Church Dedicated: July 25, 1874
Parent Parishes: Holy Angels, St. Francis de Sales, and St. George
Ethnicity: Irish
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes: Formerly Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Bibliography:

Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Address: 7711 Joseph, Cincinnati, Ohio 45231-3406
Telephone: (513) 521- 7274
E-mail:
Web Site: www.assumptionmthealthy.org
Community: Mt. Healthy 
Location:
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Organized: 1854
Original Church Dedicated: August 5, 1855
Parent Parishes: St. James in White Oak
Ethnicity: predominately German descent 
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes: see St. Mary Cemetery listing
Bibliography:

Atonement

Address: West Third St.
Community:
Location: near Central Ave.
Status: Closed 1913             
Congregation Organized:  1870
Original Church Dedicated: June 29, 1873
Parent Parishes: Cathedral and St. Patrick
Ethnicity: An English-speaking congregation opened the parish.  
A Syrian Catholic congregation occupied the church beginning in
1910 (see St. Anthony of Padua).
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:  Began as a Chapel for the Sisters of Mercy and became a parish in 1872.
Bibliography:

Blessed Sacrament

Address:  2339 Wider Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio
Community: West End-Lower Price Hill
Location: Depot Street, near Denver
Status: Closed 1974, absorbed by St. Michael
Congregation Organized: 1874
Original Church Dedicated:
Parent Parishes: St. Patrick's
Ethnicity: Irish, English-speaking
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:
Bibliography:

Christ Church (St. Patrick)

Address:
Community:
Location: Liberty and Vine
Status: Closed 1840
Congregation Organized: 1818
Original Church Dedicated:
Parent Parishes:
Ethnicity: Irish
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes: It was the first Catholic Church in Hamilton County, and
the parish began the first Catholic Cemetery in Cincinnati. The
present St. Francis Seraph Church was built over the sight of 
Christ Church.  In 1822 it was renamed St. Peter in Chains and in
1826 the original structure was moved to Sycamore Street.
Bibliography:
        University of Notre Dame Archives: Printed Parish History Collection, Box 86

Corpus Christi

Address: 2014 Springdale Rd., Cincinnati, Ohio 45231
Telephone: (513) 825-0618
E-mail:
Web Site: http://www.corpuschristicommunity.org/
Community: New Burlington
Location:
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Founded: 1958
Original Church Dedicated:
Parent Parishes:
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes: This parish was under the direction of the Franciscan Order.
Bibliography:

Good Shepherd

Address: 8815 E. Kemper Rd., Cincinnati, Ohio 45249-2767
Telephone: (513) 489-8815, Fax: (513) 489-8521
E-mail: gs.info@good-shepherd.org
Web Site: http://www.good-shepherd.org
Community:
Location:
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Founded: 1973
Original Church Dedicated:
Parent Parishes:
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:
Bibliography:

Guardian Angels

Address: 6531 Beechmont Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 45230
Telephone: (513) 231- 7440
E-mail:
Web Site: http://www.gaparish.org/
Community: Mt. Washington
Location:
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Organized: 1892
Original Church Dedicated: August 20, 1893
Parent Parishes: St. Jerome and St. Stephen
Ethnicity: German
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:
Bibliography:

Holy Angels

Address: 2130 Grandin Rd., Cincinnati, Ohio 
Community: Hyde Park/O'Bryonville
Locations: originally on Torrence Lane just off Columbia Parkway.
Bginning in 1920 located at the corner of Madison and Grandin Roads.
Status: Closed September 1, 1999, United with St. Francis de Sales
Congregation Organized: February 1859
Original Church Dedicated: May 5, 1861
Parent Parishes: All Saints, Fulton
Ethnicity: English-speaking
Records for this Parish are located at:  St. Francis de Sales
Notes:  Holy Angels opened the archdiocese's first free 
parochial school in 1860.  The parish grade school closed in 1965.
Bibliography:

Holy Cross

Address: 1055 St. Paul Place, Cincinnati, Ohio
Community: Mount Adams
Location: 
Status: Closed 1970/1974, United With Immaculata
Congregation Organized: 1873
Original Church Dedicated: June 22, 1873
Parent Parishes: Immaculata/Immaculate Conception, Mount Adams
Ethnicity: English-speaking
Records for this Parish are located at: Immaculata
Notes: In 1873 the English speaking members of Immaculate
Conception parish decided to form their own parish, Holy Cross.
Holy Cross and Immaculate Conception reunited in 1970 under the 
name Holy Cross-Immaculata.  In 1974 the church of the Holy Cross
was deconsecrated and the parish continues to use the old
Immaculate Conception Church.  The old Holy Cross Church and 
adjoining Holy Cross Passionist Monastery are still standing
having been purchased by Towne Properties in 1978.      
Bibliography:

Holy Family

Address: 814 Hawthorne Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 45205
Telephone: (513) 921- 7527
E-mail:
Web Site: http://www.hfschool.org
+Treasured Catholic Churches of Cincinnati: Holy Family
Community: East Price Hill
Location: at West 8th St.
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Organized: 1883
Original Church Dedicated: August 24, 1884
Parent Parishes: St. Lawrence
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:  This parish was formed for the families of St. Lawrence
living east of Elberon Avenue.
Bibliography:

Holy Name

Address: 2448 Auburn Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 45219
Telephone: (513) 721- 5608
E-mail:
Web Site:
Community: Mt. Auburn
Location: McMillan Ave. & Auburn Ave.
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Organized: 1904
Original Church Dedicated:
Parent Parishes: Assumption (Walnut Hills), St. George, 
and St. Francis Xavier
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:
Bibliography:

Holy Trinity (Heilige Dreieinigkeit)

Address:
Community:
Location: W. Fifth Street and Barr St./Mound St.
Status: Closed 1958
Congregation Organized: 1834
Original Church Dedicated: October 5, 1834
Parent Parishes: St. Peter In Chains Cathedral
Ethnicity: German
Records for this Parish are located at: Chancery Office of the Archdiocese, 
100 East Eighth Street, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202, (513) 421-3131
Notes: First German parish and second Catholic parish in Cincinnati.
Bibliography:

Holy Trinity

Address: 2420 Drex Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45212
Telephone: (513) 366-4400, Fax: (513) 366-4400
E-mail:
Web Site: http://www.holytrinitynorwood.org
Community: Norwood
Location: Montgomery Rd. at Drex Ave.
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Organized: July 1, 1994
Original Church Dedicated:
Parent Parishes:
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes: On July 1, 1994 the parishes of St. Elizabeth, St. Matthew, 
and Sts. Peter and Paul merged under the name Holy Trinity. 
The parish is located on the sight of Sts. Peter and Paul Church.
Bibliography:

Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Immaculata)

Address: 30 Guido St., Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Telephone: (513) 721-6544
E-mail:
Web Site: http://www.hciparish.org/
Community: Mount Adams
Location: at Pavilion Street
Status: Currently Active (united with Holy Cross in 1970)
Congregation Organized: 1859
Original Church Dedicated: December 9, 1860
Parent Parishes: St. Philomena
Ethnicity: only German after 1873
Records for this Parish are located at: Immaculata (on-site)
Notes: In 1873 the English speaking members of Immaculate Conception 
parish decided to form their own parish, Holy Cross leaving Immaculata for
the Germans.  Holy Cross and Immaculate Conception reunited in 1970 
under the name Holy Cross-Immaculata.  In 1974 the church of the Holy 
Cross was deconsecrated and the parish continues to use the Immaculate 
Conception Church.  The Immaculate Conception Church has been 
the site of a Good Friday Pilgrimage since 1860.  With the size of the 
parish dwindling to 500 families and the Passionists unable to supply a 
priest, the Passionist Fathers who had operated the church since 
1871 relinquished control in June of 1996 to the Archdiocese.
Bibliography:

Immaculate Heart of Mary

Address: 7820 Beechmont Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 45255
Telephone: (513) 474-5570, Fax: (513) 388-4097
E-mail:
Web Site: http://www.ihom.org/
Community: Anderson Township
Location:
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Founded: 1944
Original Church Dedicated:
Parent Parishes:
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:
Bibliography:

Mother of Christ

Address: 5301 Winneste Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 45232
Telephone: (513) 242-0164, Fax: (513) 242-0164
E-mail:
Web Site: http://motherofchrist.homestead.com
Community: Winton Place
Location: 
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Founded: 1945 (1965)
Original Church Dedicated:
Parent Parishes: St. Bernard, Winton Place
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:  It was created as a mission church by St. Bernard
to serve the residents of the Winton Terrace housing project.
Bibliography:

Nativity of Our Lord

Address: 5935 Pandora Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 45213
Telephone: (513) 531- 3164
E-mail: nativitychurch@fuse.net
Web Site: http://www.nativity-cincinnati.org
Community: Pleasant Ridge
Location:
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Organized: 1917
Original Church Dedicated:
Parent Parishes: Sts. Peter and Paul, Norwood and St. John, Deer Park
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:
Bibliography:

Old St. Mary

Address: 123 E. 13th St., Cincinnati, Ohio 45210
Telephone: (513) 721- 2988
E-mail:  oldstmarys@erinet.com
Web Sites: *Old St. Mary's Homepage
 *Treasured Catholic Churches of Cincinnati: Old St. Mary
Community: Over-The-Rhine
Location: between Clay & Main, 13th & Clay
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Organized: 1840
Original Church Dedicated: July 3, 1842
Parent Parishes: Holy Trinity
Ethnicity: German
Records for this Parish are located at: Old St. Mary (on-site)
Notes: Oldest standing church in Cincinnati.  In May through August of 1849, 
796 parishioners of St. Mary's died in the cholera epidemic.  There were 
345 funerals in July alone.  The "Old" was added in 1904 when 
St. Mary's in Hyde Park was founded.
Bibliography:

Our Lady of Grace

Address: 3332 Glenway Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio
Community: Price Hill
Location: near Considine
Status: Closed
Congregation Organized: 1928
Original Church Dedicated:
Parent Parishes: 
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:
Bibliography:

Our Lady of Loretto

Address: Eastern Ave. and Heekin Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 
Community: Linwood, East End
Location: 
Status: Closed 1995, United with St. Margaret of Cortona
Congregation Organized: 1903
Original Church Dedicated:
Parent Parishes: St. Stephen
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at: St. Margaret of Cortona
Notes:
Bibliography:

Our Lady of Lourdes

Address: 2832 Rosebud Dr., Cincinnati , 45238
Telephone: (513) 922-0715, Fax: (513) 347-2644
E-mail:parish@lourdes.org
Web Site: http://www.lourdes.org
Community:
Location:
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Founded: 1927
Original Church Dedicated:    
Parent Parishes:
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:
Bibliography:

Our Lady of Perpetual Help

Address: 635 Steiner Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio
Community: Sedamsville
Location:
Status: Closed 1989, United with Holy Family
Congregation Organized: January 27, 1878
Original Church Dedicated: May 12, 1878
Parent Parishes: St. Vincent de Paul
Ethnicity: German
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes: On January 27, 1878 the German members of St. Vincent de Paul, 
Sedamsville formed their own parish, Our Lady of Perpetual Help.  
After the church closed John Klosterman, president of the Sedamsville 
Historical Society, purchased the church and rectory in order to save it.
Bibliography:

Our Lady of the Presentation

Address: 2012 Westwood Ave./Westwood Northern Blvd., Cincinnati, Ohio
Community: Fairmount
Location:
Status: Closed 1986, United with St. Leo
Congregation Organized: 1943
Original Church Dedicated:
Parent Parishes: St. Leo
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:  St. Leo opened a mission church in 1943 to serve
the residents of the English Woods housing development.
By 1949 it was an official parish.
Bibliography:

Our Lady of the Rosary

Address: 17 Farragut Rd., Cincinnati, Ohio 45218
Telephone: (513) 825-8626, Fax: (513) 825-2783
E-mail: bcrowley@olr.net
Web Site: http://www.olr.net
Community: Greenhills 
Location:
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Founded: 1938
Original Church Dedicated:
Parent Parishes:
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:
Bibliography:

Our Lady of the Sacred Heart

Address: 162 Siebenthaler Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 45215
Telephone: (513) 733-4950
E-mail: jdierkers@aol.com
Web Site: http://olshschool.net
Community: Reading
Location:  church was originally located on Market Street.
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Organized: 1874
Original Church Dedicated: October 12, 1875
Parent Parishes: Sts. Peter and Paul (Reading)
Ethnicity: English-speaking
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:
Bibliography:

Our Lady of Victory (Maria Zum Siege)

Address: 810 Neeb Rd., Cincinnati, Ohio 45233
Telephone: (513) 922- 4460
E-mail: olvbulletin@fuse.net
Web Site: http://www.olv.org
Community: Delhi Township
Location:
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Organized: 1841 (1834)
Original Church Dedicated: 1842
Parent Parishes: Original Church
Ethnicity: German
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes: The Catholics of Delhi organized themselves as early as 1834. Priests from Holy Trinity traveled to Delhi once a month
for nine years until St. Stephen at Rapid Run Pk. and Stonebridge Dr. was formed by the Delhi Catholics.  The name of the parish
was changed to Our Lady of Victory in 1853.    
Bibliography:

Our Lady of Visitation

Address: 3172 South Rd., Cincinnati, Ohio 45248-2998
Telephone: (513) 922-2056
E-mail: olvisitation@olvisitation.net
Web Site: http://www.olvisitation.org
Community:
Location:
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Founded: 1947
Original Church Dedicated:
Parent Parishes:
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes: The history of Our Lady of the Visitation starts in 1946.
After the Word War II, Cincinnati?s suburbs grew rapidly, including Bridgetown and Mack.
Archbishop John T. McNicholas purchased a 23 acre farm between South and Werk roads for $21,000.
Father VonderBrink was appointed by the Archbishop to organize
what would be known as Our Lady of the Visitation Parish.
The first Mass was offered on February 2, 1947 on the feast of the Presentation in army barracks that had been coverted into a church.
Sixty families celebrated in this little rural Church with its 8 foot ceilings and a seating for only 275.
With a young parish, it became obvious that the parish needed a school.
In January of 1950, the first 140 students enter a brand new school building.
The parish grew quickly and before long, Visitation had outgrown the converted army barracks.
In 1959, Archbishop Karl J. Alter gave permission to build a new church
with five classrooms in the basement once the parish was clear of debt.
The church dedication took place in November of 1962.
Seating 700 parishioners, its unique cruciform design is the product of architect Elmer Schmidt.
Bibliography:

Our Lord Christ the King

Address: 3223 Linwood Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 45226
Telephone: (513) 321-4121
E-mail: christ_the_king@cardinalpacelli.org
Web Site: http://www.ourlordchristtheking.org/ctk
Community:
Location: at Ellison Ave.
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Founded: 1926
Original Church Dedicated: 1927
Parent Parishes:
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:
Bibliography:

Our Mother of Sorrows

Address: 7243 Eastlawn Dr., Cincinnati, Ohio 45237
Telephone: (513) 731-6480, Fax: (513) 731-4640
E-mail:
Web Site:
Community:
Location:
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Founded: 1941
Original Church Dedicated
Parent Parishes:
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:
Bibliography:

Resurrection of Our Lord

Address: 1750 First Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 45205
Telephone: (513) 471- 2431
E-mail:
Web Site
Commuity: Price Hill
Location:
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Organized: 1919
Original Church Dedicated: February 1, 1920
Parent Parishes: St. Lawrence
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:
Bibliography:

Sacred Heart of Jesus

Address:
Comunity: Eastern Delhi
Location:
Status: Closed 1906
Congregation Organized: 1870
Original Church Dedicated:
Parent Parishes:
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:  Sacred Heart Church was located on the grounds of the Mt. Alverno Boys' 
Protectory which was run by the Brothers of the Poor of St. Francis.  Mt. Alverno's
chaplain, Father Broering, was granted permission to form a parish.  The parish 
existed until the church was destroyed by fire in 1906 and Archbishop Moeller 
dissolved the parish.  St. Dominic was begun many years later in the same locality.
Bibliography:

Sacred Heart of Jesus

Address: 527 Broadway, Cincinnati, Ohio
Comunity: Downtown Cincinnati
Loction: between Fifth and Sixth Streets
Staus: Closed July, 1970, United with Sacred Heart, Camp Washington
Congregation Organized: 1890
Original Church Dedicated: August 27, 1893
Parent Parishes: Original Italian National Church
Ethnicity: Italian
Records for this Parish are located at: Sacred Heart
Notes: The parish combined with the parish of the same
name in Camp Washington (see below) in 1970.  Both parishes
were run by the Scalabrini Fathers.
Bibliography:

Sacred Heart of Jesus

Address: 2733 Massachusetts Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 45225
Telephone: (513) 541- 4654
E-mail:
Web site:
Community: Camp Washington
Location: Marshall and Massuchusetts
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Organized: June 1870
Original Church Dedicated: December 18, 1870
Parent Parishes: St. Augustine and St. Boniface
Ethnicity: German and then became Italian (after church merger in 1970)
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:  Church is located at 1041 Marshall Ave.
Bibliography:

St. Agnes

Address: 1619 California Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 45237
Telephone: (513) 242- 4747
E-mail: office@stagnes.cc
Web Site: http://www.stagnes.cc
Community: Bond Hill
Location:
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Organized: 1892
Original Church Dedicated: May 6, 1894
Parent Parishes: St. Aloysius, Elmwood Place
Ethnicity:  German
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:
Bibliography:

St. Aloysius On-The-Ohio

Address: 134 Whipple St., Cincinnati, Ohio 45233
Telephone: (513) 941-3445
E-mail: drettig@cinci.rr.com
Web Site: http://www.st-aloysius-on-the-ohio.org
Community: Saylor Park 
Location:
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Organized: 1868
Original Church Dedicated:
Parent Parishes: Our Lady of Victory
Ethnicity:  German
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:
Bibliography:

St. Aloysius Gonzaga

Address: 4366 Bridgetown Rd., Cincinnati, Ohio 45211
Telephone: (513) 574-4840
E-mail: staloysius5@fuse.net
Web Site: http://www.saintals.org
Community: Bridgetown
Location:
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Organized: 1867
Original Church Dedicated: November 3, 1868
Parent Parishes: St. John, Dry Ridge and Assumption, Mt. Healthy
Ethnicity: German
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes:
Bibliography:

St. Aloysius

Address: 314 Township Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 
Community: Elmwood Place
Location: at Carthage Pk. (now Vine Street)
Status: Closed June 1, 1998, absorbed by St. Clement
Congregation Organized: 1887
Original Church Dedicated: August 4, 1889
Parent Parishes: St. Charles Borromeo, St. Clement
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at: St. Clement?
Notes:  After the parish's closing St. Aloysius became the headquarters and
worship center for the Vietnamese Catholic Community known as Our Lady of Lavang.
Bibliography:

St. Andrew

Address: P.O. Box 29064, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229-3111
Telephone: (513) 281-7504
E-mail: standrew@fuse.net
Web Site:
Community: Avondale
Location:
Status: Currently Active 
Congregation Organized:  1874
Original Church Dedicated: April 18, 1875
Parent Parishes: St. Thomas
Ethnicity: English-speaking, Irish
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes: Church is located at 3401 Reading Rd.
The parish was under the direction of the Dominicans
from 1942-1979.
Bibliography:

St. Ann

Address:
Community:
Location: Longworth St. between Race and Elm 1866-1873; 
New St.. between Sycamore and Broadway 1873-1908;
John St. between Richmond and Court Streets 
Status: United With St. Edward in 1938, Closed in 1965
Congregation Organized: 1866
Original Church Dedicated:
Parent Parishes: St. Xavier Church, Sycamore Street, is where 
most African-American Catholics worshiped prior to 1866.
Ethnicity: African-American
Records for this Parish are located at: St. Xavier Church, Sycamore Street
Notes:
Bibliography:

St. Ann

Address: 2900 W. Galbraith Rd., Cincinnati, Ohio 45239-4221
Telephone: (513) 521-8440, Fax: (513) 521-8447
E-mail: info@saintannparish.org
Web Site: http://www.saintannparish.org
Community: Groesbeck
Location:
Status: Currently Active
Congregation Founded: 1953
Original Church Dedicated:
Parent Parishes:
Ethnicity:
Records for this Parish are located at:
Notes: Church located at 3401 Reading Rd.
Bibliography:

© 1997-2008 by David J. Endres