Photos taken around Jackson County, Ohio
Oak Hill area:
- David Markham, a Jackson policeman from 1912 to 1914 (619 KB) This photo hangs in one of the rooms of the Police Station
- Cambrian Hotel, from a postcard made sometime before 1914. (108 KB) Scanned file provided by Rebecca Stapleton-Albrecht
- Big Apple Water Tank, May 2, 1984. (11 KB)
- Broadway Street, May 2, 1984. (15 KB)
- Cambrian Hotel, May 2, 1984. (16 KB)
- Cambrian Hotel, April 28, 1997. (25 KB)
- Colonial Restaurant, May 2, 1984. (12 KB)
- Four Mile Christian Church, July 10, 1999. (16 KB) (Franklin Township).
- Gazebo in Manpower Park. (19 KB)
- Gibson House, May 2, 1984. (14 KB)
- Gibson House, April 28, 1997. (22 KB)
- Jackson City Library, April 28, 1997. (20 KB)
- Jackson County Courthouse, May 2, 1984. (13 KB)
- Jackson County Courthouse Square - WW II Roll of Honor Display, photo taken Oct. 14, 1944 by Mary Nina Wright. (66 KB)
- Jackson County Courthouse and Sheriff's Office, April 28, 1997. (22 KB) The County jail was in the same building (on the left) with the Sheriff's office. State inspections rated the jail as "deplorable condition".
- Old Liberty School. (16 KB) (Liberty Township) Now abandoned. Has been used as a warehouse.
- Lillian Jones Museum, April 28, 1997. (21 KB)
- Masonic Temple, May 2, 1984. (13 KB) (It has the date of 1891 at the top).
- Memorial Building, May 2, 1984. (13 KB)
- Memorial Building, April 28, 1997. (21 KB)
- Michael's Ice Cream Store. (15 KB)
- Michael's Ice Cream Store. (16 KB) (sign on side of store).
- Old Police and Fire Dept. Building, May 2, 1984. (15 KB) (the building no longer exists).
- John Wesley Powell Memorial, May 2, 1984. (15 KB) (on the Courthouse Square).
- Roundhouse, May 2, 1984. (13 KB) (beside the Powell Memorial).
- Roundhouse and Wesley Memorial, April 28, 1997. (23 KB)
If you have any additional photos that you can scan (75 dpi or screen presentation resolution) and save as a JPG file, I will be happy to add them to this page. I will give you credit as the source.
Original photos only, not copyrighted by someone else, unless you have their permission.
Photos of anything of a general nature in Jackson County are acceptable although it should be something of general historical interest. No family photos of people, please. You can share those privately with your relatives or start your own family web page.
The maintainer of this page is Charles R. Weese:
Please do not ask the page maintainer any specific genealogical questions unless he has volunteered to do lookups in specific sources on another page of this site. Specific questions, such as where do I find such-and-such and do you know anything about so-and-so's family are best handled in queries or on the mailing list.
Last updated: Tuesday, 17-Feb-2009 07:06:20 MST