ANDREW P. LEONARD, a leading grocer of Mingo Junction, was born in Pittsburgh, Penn., October 6, 1857. He is a son of John Leonard, who was by occupation a boiler maker in an iron mill. He was married about 1852, to Elizabeth Hughes, mother of the subject of this mention, by whom he had twelve children, six sons and six daughters, of whom four of each are living. The family removed to Steubenville about 1860 and the father began work at the Jefferson Iron works where he was engaged until his decease, in 1884. Andrew P. Leonard was reared at Steubenville, and was first employed in the iron works where he continued until 1885 when he removed to Mingo Junction, and bought the stock of goods formerly owned by Ross Nicholson, grocer and embarked in that business in which he has met with notable success, and has an extensive and reliable patronage. September 27, 1888, he was married to Alice, daughter of James and Elizabeth (Vaughn) McBride. Mr.s Leonard's father, a native of Pennsylvania, came to Ohio about 1837, having been married in the previous year. He resided at Wellsville about twenty years, and then moved to Jefferson county, where he still resides. He is by occupation a farmer. He has had four daughters and one son, the latter of whom is deceased. Mr. Leonard is a worthy citizen and has many friends. He is a member of the Junior Order of American Mechanics.
Copyright © 2006 Danice Ryan. All rights reserved.