GEORGE L. CULP, son of George Culp, was born in 1818 in Jefferson county. In 1839 he was married to Mary Fickes and they had nine children, six of whom are living. His wife died in 1884 and he in 1885. He was a worthy and valued citizen. His son John F., the subject of a mention was reared as a farmer and followed that occupation until 1870 when he became engaged as a blacksmith under Morrison Swords, at Steubenville, with whom he remained three and a half years. In 1876 he came to Pekin and opened the shop which he is at present successfully conducting. Mr. Culp was married in 1880 to Elizabeth A., daughter of George Carson, of Knoxville and they have four children: Mary A., Maggie E., Amanda A. and Emma J. He is a member of the Methodist Episcopal church of Center Chapel.
Copyright © 2006 Danice Ryan. All rights reserved.