GEORGE W. COCHRAN, a prominent young dentist of Toronto was born July 28, 1861, to son of John and Susan (Crawford) Cochran, both natives of Jefferson county. His father was reared and educated in this county, and brought up as a farmer which is yet his vocation. His marriage to Susan Crawford occurred about 1854 and they have three sons and three daughters. They are among the highly respected citizens of the township where they reside. Dr. Cochran received his early schooling in Knox township, afterward attending school at Steubenville, during which time he also studied denistry with Dr. Oliver Kells, of that city. Subsequently he went to Zanesville, Ohio and pursued his studies with Dr. W. J. Chandler for three years. He then took a course of study in medicine and dentistry at the University of Michigan, at Ann Arbor, and afterward graduated in dentistry at the dental college of Philadelphia in 1886. Previous to this he had engaged in the practice at Toronto and after graduation resumed his practice there, July 28, 1886 he was married to Annie A., daughter of George and Annie Carlyle, the former of whom is a native of Scotland and came to America about 1854, settling at Toronto, whence he has lately removed to Winchester, Ky. To this union was born one child, Celia M., who was born October 26, 1887. The doctor and wife are members of the Presbyterian church. He is also affiliated with the Odd Fellows and Knights of Pythias. Politically he is a democrat. He has built up a good practice at Toronto, and has the confidence of the community.
Copyright © 2006 Danice Ryan. All rights reserved.