DR. P. C. McLANE, was born at Fairview, August 28, 1823. After his father's death he returned with his mother to Fairview, where she died in 1836. In youth he chose medicine as his profession, and began the study with Dr. Norman K. McKenzie, continuing it with Drs. Patterson and McKenzie. After attending lectures at the Ohio Medical college at Cincinnati, in 1848-9, he began practicing at Fairview and remained there until 1852 when he removed to California. He was there engaged in his profession until March 1855, when he came eastward and after traveling in the western states, settled at Comanche, Iowa in 1857. In May 1862, he entered the service of the government at Jefferson Barracks, Mo., and remained until October, 1865, having charge of the post hospital for a year or more, and having the care of the sick and wounded after the close of the war. Then, after a year spent with friends in the east, he entered the profession in Hancock county, locating himself at New Cumberland. In 1859 Dr. McLane was married to Miss E. M. Hoyt, of New Haven, Conn., who died in January 1864. December 14, 1870, he was married to Mary E., daughter of Hon. D. H. Wortley, formerly a member of the Ohio senate, and a resident of Coshocton, Ohio. Four children were born to theis union: Bertha E., Celia A.; Helen F., who died in 1878 and Kenneth. The doctor and wife are members of the Presbyterian church of which he has been an elder many years.
Copyright © 2006 Danice Ryan. All rights reserved.