WILLIAM M. FOWLER, first saw the light of day in 1828 at Fowler's Mill, a place situated on Cross creek. Until he reached the age of twenty-two years, Mr. Fowler lived with his father and mtoher, John and Sarah (McCleary) Fowler, upon their farm, attending the public schools, where he received a good education. In 1851 he struck out for himself, working at the carpenter's trade in the vicinity of his home. Continuing in this for one year, he then took charge of the mill known as Fowler's mill, which he operated very successfully for some three years. In the meantime, Mr. Fowler married Miss Demanse Wiggins. After his marriage he settled on the old homestead, and in 1856 he gave up the milling trade and entered the mercantile business, which he has since been engaged in, having met with most gratifying success. His wife dying in 1862, he was again married in 1867, this time to Miss Hannah Baxter, by whom he has had four children, two of whom are still living: Edward B., deceased; Campbell C., deceased; William B. and Ella D. By the first wife he had one child: John Hiram Vesey. Mr. Fowler carries on a large business, running it with discretion and fairness to all with whom he deals.
Copyright © 2006 Danice Ryan. All rights reserved.