Author:Hawes, George W Title: Ohio state gazetteer and business directory for 1860-61.
Publication Date:1860 City:Indianapolis, Publisher:Pages:958
A small post village of Jefferson County, in Smithfield Township, established in 1854, situated at the forks of Short Creek, about 130 miles east by north of Columbus. Population in 1860: 60 people.
List of Professions, Trades, Etc.(circa 1860):
|Armstrong, Rev. R.||Pastor|
|Cortright, Vail||Hotel Proprietor|
|Hague, R.||Saw Mill Proprietor|
|Hague, R.S.||Postmaster and Wool Grower|
|McLaughlin, Miss||School Teacher|
|McMillen, J & W||Carpenters|
|Morgan, George||General Merchant|