ADDISON C. LEWIS, prominent attorney, and one of the leading citizens of Steubenville, O., was boen on a faem near Smithfield, Jefferson County, Ohio, in 1858, and is a son of Isaac Lewis (deceased), a native of Pennsylvania, who located in this county during early manhood and here carried on farming for many years.
A. C. Lewis was educated in the public schools of Steubenville and the Washington-Jefferson College, and after studying law in the office of John McClave was admitted to the Jefferson County bar. He then studied law one year at the University of Michigan, since which time he has been continuously engaged in the practice of his profession. With the exception of a short time spent in Denver, he has carried on an extensive practice at Steubenville, where he has won the confidence and esteem ofhis fellow men. From 1897 to 1903 Mr. Lewis served as prosecuting attorney of Jefferson County. He is a member of the Masonic order, in which he has attained the seventeenth degree, of the "Eagles", the Knights of Pythias, and the Country Club.
Mr. Lewis married Ida E. Graham, who died in 1897, leaving three children: Mildred E., Robert O., and Addison C. Lewis, Jr.