A. S. FREEMAN, vice-president of the Ohio Plaster and Supply Company of Steubenville, Ohio, has extensive business interests and has had an active career, although but now entering the prime of life.
Mr. Freeman was born in New Cumberland, W. Va., in 1875, and was but seven years of age when brought by his parents to Steubenville. Here he grew to maturity and received a good preliminary education in the public schools, which was supplemented by a course in Ohio State University, from which he was graduated with the class of 1898. He became identified with his father in the sewer pipe business at Freeman, Jefferson County, and continued there for a period of four years. He organized the Eastern Ohio Sewer Pipe Company and built the plant at Irondale, the largest plant of the kind in this country. He was general manager of that concern for two years, at the end of which time he sold out his interest and assisted in the organization of the Ohio Plaster and Supply Company of Steubenville, of which he has since been vice-president of the Cattrell Bros. Company of Weirton, W. Va., and is secretary and treasurer of the Van Meter Construction Company. He is an active member of the Chamber of Commerce of Steubenville, and also is a member of the Country Club. In 1902 Mr. Freeman was married to Miss Helen W. Mooney of Steubenville, and they have two sons, Charles A. and Ledlie C. Freeman. Religiously he is a member of the Second Presbyterian Church.