A. W. McDonald




A. W. McDONALD
_________________


A. W. McDONALD, vice president of the COmmercial National Bank and one of the leading contractors of Steubenville, Ohio, also deals extensively in real estate, and is identified with various busniess enterprises of this locality. He was born in 1849 in Beaver COunty, Pa., and was reared there and in Pittsburg, where he subsequently engaged in geneal contracting and building until about 1892, when he removed to Steubenville, Ohio, where he continued in the same line of business, in which he has been highly successful. Mr. McDonald also deals extensively in real estate, is vice president of the COmmercial National Bank, and has an interest in the Water and Electric Power Companies of Steubenville. He is a member of the Chamber of Commerce of Steubenville, and was a member of the Pittsburg Chamber of COmmerce during his residence in that city. He belongs fraternally to the Masonic Blue Lodge of Cadiz, Ohio, the Knight Templars of Steubenville and the Lake Erie Consistory of Cleveland. His religious connection is with the Second Presbyterian Church, of the official board of which he is a member. In 1878 Mr. McDonald married Martha E. Thompson, of Cadiz, Ohio, and they have two sons, Hon. James T. McDonald, a prominent attorney of Pittsburg, who graduated from the Washington-Jefferson College and the law department of Harvard Univeristy; and Andrew Clifford, who, also a graduate of Washington-Jefferson College, is engaged in business in Denver, Col.


 Return to Family Tales  Return to Home Page