BENJAMIN L. SHARP, funeral director and livery man of Steubenville, comes of a prominent old family of the county. He was born in Steubenville, O., in 1858, and is a son of Benjamin M. and Nancy D. (McCracken) Sharp. Mr. Sharp was reared and educated in his native city, graduated from the high school with the class of 1877. He then assisted his father in business and whrn the latter was the incumbent of the sheriff's office served as his deputy. In 1886 he formed a partnership with his father in the livery adn undertaking business, and after the latter's death managed the business until the death of his mother in 1905. He then purchased the interests of the other heirs and has since carried on the business alone. He has a finely equipped establishment and his livery is stocked with a high grade of horses and up-to-date vehicles of all kinds. He also deals to some degree in horses. Mr. Sharp served on the school board for six years, and during four years of the time was clerk of that body.
On October 10, 1888, Mr. Sharp was married to Miss Jessie G. Morrison, and they have four children: Benjamin M., Helen Gertrude, Wilma Virginia and William Richard. Religiously, he is a member of the Second Presbyterian Church. He is a Scottish Rite Mason, and a member of Steuben Lodge No. 1, K. of P., the Elks, the Royal Arcanum, and the Steubenville COuntry Club.