Edwin G. McCullough




EDWIN G. McCULLOUGH
_________________


EDWIN G. McCULLOUGH, who comes of an old and prominent family of Cross Creek Township, Jefferson County, Ohio, is the owner of a tract of 100 acres of well improved land. He was born in this township February 28, 1864, and is a son of Joseph and Mary Jane (Brown) McCullough. His paternal grandparents were John and Jane (Hanlin) McCullough, and his maternal grandparents, George and Isabel (Cunningham) Brown. Joseph McCullough was for many years engaged in farming in Cross Creek Township, and met with a high degree of success. He was in the 100-day service during the Civil War, being a member of Company E, 157th Ohio Volunteer Infantry. A Republican in politics, he was elected to the office of township trustee which he filled most creditably. He and his estimable wife were members of Long's M. E. Church, and were both buried in the cemetery at that church. They were parents of three sons: William C., John W. and Edwin G. Edwin G. McCullough attended the public schools of his native township, after which he took up farming. For a period of twelve years he rented his present farm of 100 acres from his father, and at the end of that time purchased the place. For many years he has operated a threshing outfit and shredder in partnership with his brother, William C. McCullough. He was married October 25, 1893, to Miss Anna Ekey, a daughter of Edward T. Ekey, a well known agriculturalist residing at Fernwood. She was one of the following children born to her parents: Anna, James, Harriet, John Howard, Mary E. and Ida S. The subject of this sketch and his wife have one son, Howard Stanton, who is attending school. Mr. McCullough is a Republican in politics, but is not a seeker for office. He and his wife are members of Long's M. E. Church.


 Return to Family Tales  Return to Home Page