GEORGE C. McNEAL, who is successfully engaged in the real estate business at Steubenville, O., comes of an old and prominent family of the community. He was born in Steubenville and is a son of William and Jane (Baxter) McNeal, and a grandson of Archibald McNeal, who in the early days erected the house in which our subject now lives. He was born in Scotland and was for a time located at Lisbon, O., prior to coming to Jefferson County.
William McNeal was born in Lisbon, O., and was very young when his parents moved to Steubenville. He became a promiment citizen here, and for many years prior to his death was engaged in the butcher business. He married Jane Baxter and they reared a large family of children.
George C. McNeal was born and reared where he now lives, and received a public school education. Early in life he engaged in butchering, but in 1904 he sold out his shop and in recent years has given his attention to his real estate interests. He builds, sells and rents houses and has quite an extensive business. He resides with two sisters in the old home place at No. 1120 Lincoln Avenue. Religiously, he is a member of the Finley M.E. Church.