GEORGE P. WILSON, secretary, treasurer and manager of the Means Foundry and Machine COmpany at Steubenville, Ohio, and interested also in the Davis-Price Foundry and Machine COmpany of New Cumberland, W. Va., and also in oil development at different points, is a representative business man of this city where he has lived for twelve years. He was born at New Cumberland, W. Va., September 25, 1872.
After his school days were over at New Cumberland, Mr. Wilson took a business course at Duff's Commercial College, at Pittsburgh, and then went into brick manufacturing at New Cumberland and remained there until he was twenty-five years of age. After locating in Steubenville he became bookkeeper for the Means Foundry and Machine Company, later was made vice-president and for more than two years has satisfactorily filled the offices of secretary, treasurer and manager. In addition to his Steubenville interests, Mr. Wilson devotes attention to those at other points and through the employment of rational methods and the exercise of business judgment has entered into middle life with success crowning his undertakings.
In 1900, Mr. Wilson was married to Miss Margaret Davis, of Wellsville, Ohio, and they have three children: George P., Jr., John D. and Robert M. Mr. Wilson and wife are members of the Methodist Protestant Church. He is a Thirty-second Degree Mason and belongs to Lake Erie Consistory, Cleveland, ohio, and to the Scottish Rite in Steubenville.