George W. McLeish




GEORGE W. McLEISH
_________________


GEORGE W. McLEISH, contractor at Steubenville, O., is one of the town's substantial citizens and owns a valuable body of land on the corner of Franklin and Brady Avenues, which he cultivates to some extent. He was born at Steubenville, October 1, 1872, and is a son of James McLeish, a native of Scotland, who is one of the older residents and formerly worked as a molder in one of the industrial plants here. George W. McLeish was reared and educated at Steubenville and then learned the glass-worker's trade at which he continued for twenty-two years and since retiring from that occupation has been in the contracting business. He has been an active and interested citizen and has frequently been elected to city offices, at present serving as councilman at large, receiving the largest vote of any city official at the primaries. He is a member of the Steubenville Chamber of Commerce and finds many ways in which to lend his influence to further the development and welfare of his native place. In 1892 Mr. McLeish was married to Miss Anna L. Spriggs, who was born and reared in this city. They have four children: Earl, Clayton, Wynema and Leona, the two last named being twin daughters. Mr. McLeish and wife are members of the Second Christian Church, in which he is a deacon and a member of the board of trustees. He is identified with Union No. 8 of the Local Glass WOrkers.


 Return to Family Tales  Return to Home Page