HOMER C. COOK, treasurer of The H.C. Cook COmpany, printers, engravers, stationers and blank book manufacturers, directing the largest enterprise of this kind in Eastern Ohio, it being one of Steubenville's most prosperous business concerns, was born at Steubenville, in 1875, and is a son of Hon. John M. Cook, circuit judge, in Jefferson County.
Homer C. Cook was reared in his native place and was graduated from the Steubenville High School, June 21, 1894. He then passed one year in Professor Rawlin's School for Boys, in Philadelphia, and later a year in Washington and Jefferson College. Mr. Cook then entered upon a business life and for eight years served as teller in the Union Deposit Bank of Steubenville. On February 1, 1905, when the H.C. Cook Company was organized, he became treasurer, as he is also chief stockholder and in large measure the director of its business policy. He is an active, interested and useful citizen and is a member of the Steubenville Chamber of Commerce.
In 1899 Mr. Cook was married to Miss Margaret C. Hagan, of Steubenville, and they have three children, John M. COok, named for his grandfather, Margaret H. and Homer Calvin. Mr. and Mrs. Cook are members of the First Presbyterian Church of Steubenville. He is a Knight Templar and Scottish Rite Mason, belongs also to the Elks and is identified with the Steubenville Country Club.