J. C. COPE, druggist, who has been identified with the business and social interests of Steubenville since 1896, was born near Cadiz, Ohio, in 1871, and was two years old when his parents moved to the vicinity of Bloomfield, Ohio. Mr. Cope was educated in the district schools of Jefferson County and then entered Scio College, where he was graduated in pharmacy in 1893. He was then employed in a drug store in WHeeling, W. Va., until 1896, when he came to Steubenville and bought out the drug store of W. A. Long, where he has also become interested in the Central Drug Company, on Fourth Street, Steubenville.
Mr. Cope was married in 1898 to Miss Irene Narragon, of Reed's Mills, and they have four children, Morris, Lucy, Sidney and Eva. Mr. Cope is a member of the First Presbyterian Church. He has taken the first eighteen degrees in Masonry and he has identified himself with the Steubenville Chamber of Commerce.