JAMES E. MILLER, M.D., who has been established at Steubenville, O., since April, 1902, and is in the enjoyment of a substantial practice, was born at Fairview, W. Va., in 1868.
Dr. Miller attended the public schools and later the State Normal School at Edenbora, Pa., for one year, after which he entered the medical department of the Western Pennsylvania Medical College, now the University of Pittsburgh, and was graduated in the class of 1894. He located first at Richmond, in Jefferson County, Ohio, where he was engaged in general practice for five years and then moved to Cadiz, in Harrison County, three years later coming to Steubenville. This city has a large number of able medical men but Dr. Miller has easily advanced to a front rank among them and occupies a place in the confidence of the public, both personally and professionally. He is a member of the Jefferson County and the Ohio State Medical Socities. In 1894 De. Miller was married to Miss Nora Wilson, of Fairview, W.Va., and they have one daughter, Elizabeth. They were members of the Second Presbyterian Church, Dr. Miller being a ruling elder in the same. Fraternally he is identified with the Masons and the Maccabees.