HON. J. W. JORDON, a prominent attorney and highly respected citizen of Steubenville, O., who was born December 13, 1849, has been a resident of Steubenville since about 1849, and is one of the most prominent and influential business men of the city. After obtaining a common school education he read law in the office of Col. Thomas McCauslen and was admitted to the Jefferson County Bar in September, 1872, and in October, 1875, was elected probate judge of Jefferson County, serving two terms in that capacity. Since February, 1882, he has been located at Steubenville in the practice of law, having been associated seven years of that time with Thomas B. Coulter, practicing in all of the courts of the state and the federal courts. Mr. Jordon was appointed a member of the Board of Registration of Steubenville by Governor Foraker and served as president of that body for four years. He is a member and one of the organizers of St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, and has been a member of the board of vestrymen since shortly after its organization.
Mr. Jordon was married December 12, 1889, to Miss Fay White, and to them have been born two children: Mary, who is a graduate of Harcourt Seminary; and Charles C. Mr. Jordon has for a number of years been actively identified with the Masonic order, being a Knight Templar Mason.