L. W. HEWITT, merchant at Bergholz, O., dealing in feed, buggies and machinery, is one of the enterprising business men of this place. He was born in Carroll County, Ohio, January 6, 1880, and is a son of S. W. and Maggie J. Hewitt, who reside at Mechanicstown, Carroll County.
L. W. Hewitt attended the public schools in Carroll County and later took a business course at Scio, O. After the completion of the course in Scio College he went to Alliance, O., where he ws for five years connected with the Morgan Engineering Works, and later with the McCaskey Register Company. Since 1908 he has been in business at Bergholz and he has also identified himself with the best interests of the place, as becomes a good citizen. Mr. Hewitt married Miss Sarah B. Robbins, a daughter of J. F. Robbins, a prominent business man of this town. They are members of the Untied Presbyterian Church. In politics Mr. Hewitt is a Republican.