M. and S. J. ANATHAN, proprietors of the Hub Clothing Store, complete outfitters, with business location on the corner of Market and Fifth Streets, Steubenville, O., operates the largest establishment of this kind in this section of Ohio.
The proprietors of the Hub are both intelligent and enterprising young men and both have had a similar business training. They are natives of Pennsylvania, born in the city of Philadelphia, and both entered the service of the same clothing company in the capacity of cash boys. They proved equally faithful and efficient and during their ten years of service climbed from cash boys to be managers of departments. In 1904 they came to Steubenville, and started into business for themselves, prudently beginning in a small way and using the same business methods that they had seen bring best results while they were receiving their own training. They have greatly prospered and their rather remarkable success reflects credit on their enterprise and business integrity. They now own, and have the patronage to justify it, the largest clothing store between Pittsburgh and Columbus, occupying commodious quarters in the Johnstone building. Regardless of expense they remodled their three rooms to suit themselves and have a floor space of over 12,000 square feet. They require the assistance of eighteen employees. Both in business circles and personally they are popular and they are fraternally identified with the Elks and the orders of Knights of Pythias, Red Men and Woodmen.