ROSS C. ANDERSON, a leading business citizen of Steubenville is a member of the firm of Anderson & Sons, dealers and contractors in stoves, ranges, tin, copper and sheet iron utensils and work, together with gas fixtures and cabinet mantels. This is the oldest business in its line in Jefferson County, it having been established at Steubenville over seventy years ago. Mr. Anderson was born at Steubenville in 1881, and is a son of Randolph and a grandson of Joseph Anderson.
Randolph Anderson succeeded his father, Joseph Anderson, who founded the present business about 1840, and continued alone until 1904, when he admitted his son, Ross C. Anderson, when the firm became Anderson & Son, later, when Carl E. Anderson was admitted, Anderson & Sons.
Ross C. Anderson attended school at Steubenville until old enough to enter his father's business, where he began at the bottom and thus learned the smallest details. Every branch of the business is of importance and the firm is favorably known all over the county. The firm also handle their own real estate and buy and sell Steubenville realty.
In 1904, Ross C. Anderson was married to Miss Nannie Borden and they ahve one child, Helen Virginia. Mr. Anderson is identified with Steuben Lodge, Knights of Pythias and the Elks, and belongs also to the Steubenville Chamber of Commerce and to the Interstate Mantel Dealers' Association.