W. R. JOHNSON, secretary and treasurer of the Mosel-Johnson Company, wholesale grocers, at Steubenville, O., is a member of an old Jefferson County family. He was born at Steubenville, in 1867, and is a son of Thomas Johnson.
W. R> Johnson was educated in the Steubenville schools and the University of Michigan, spending three years in that institution at Ann Arbor, When he returned he went into the drug business with his father until the latter sold out, when he became connected with Armour & Company and for wighteen years was with them as superintendent and auditor. In November, 1908, Mr. Johnson entered into his present business connection, the firm of Mosel-Johnson Company being organized and incorporated, with J. H. Mosel as president, R. M. Castner as vice-president and W. R. Johnson as secretary and treasurer. This is a large concern, keeping six traveling men on the road visiting every section, the trade being entirely wholesale. The business location is a two-story and basement structure, with dimensions of 50 by 168 feet, the stock carried being the best attainable and covering luxuries as well as staples.
On January 31, 1895, Mr. Johnson was married to Miss Anna Lindsey, a daughter of John Lindsey. Mr. Johnson has taken eighteen degrees in Masonry and belongs also to the Elks. He is a member of the Steubenville Chamber of Commerce and to the Steubenville Country Club.