WILLIAM T. NELSON, merchant at Steubenville, dealing in groceries, notions, flour, feed and salt meats, with other commodities, was born in Jefferson County, Ohio, in 1872, and is a son of the late John Nelson, who spent the larger part of his life with this county and died in 1907.
William T. Nelson obtained his education in Jefferson County and the first work he ever did away from home was in a brickyard, where he spent two summers. After that he worked in the mills at Mingo for three or four years and then turned his attention to his present line of business. In 1897 he started into business at Nos. 934-936 Lincoln Avenue, Steubenville, purchasing the building, together with resident property adjoining. Mr. Nelson carries only first class goods and enjoys a reasonable amount of patronage in his section of the city.
In 1894 Mr. Nelson was married to Miss Nellie Lopeman and they have five children: Robert, Grace, Dora, William and Florence. Mr. and Mrs. Nelson are members of the FInley Methodist Episcopal Church and he belongs to its official body. He is identified with the order of Woodmen.