Search billions of records on

Lake County Genealogical Society (Ohio)

St. Mary (Catholic) Cemetery (Active, Lot owners only)

Inscriptions Section Map

            St. Mary Cemetery is located off of the Painesville-Warren Road/ State Route 86, south of the intersection with Bank Street. The property for the parish cemetery was purchased in 1873 during pastorate of Rev. John Tracy. Two parcels of 3.115 acres each were purchased by Richard Gilmour, the Bishop of Cleveland. One from Ann Dowling, Peter Dowling and Margaret Dowling his wife, John Creedon and Mary Creedon his wife, and William Dowling; and the other from John Coyle and Eliza Coyle, his wife. The cemetery was consecrated on June 27th, 1875. The cemetery is administered by St. Mary Church, Painesville.  


Copyright issues: Copyrights on the files on this site are held by the creators. They may be linked to but not copied except for personal use.
Disclaimer: The Lake County Genealogical Society cannot be held responsible for errors in transcription or in original documents. These files were intended only as guides to original records from which the researcher should draw his own conclusions.

For problems or comments on this site, contact the webmaster at

© 2003 Lake County Genealogical Society