Volunteers Needed –
Items Needed – Recycle Ink Cartridges
Historical Society is looking for volunteers.
This position requires attendance at one meeting per month and serving as
committee chairperson for one of the following committees. Nominating
Committee, Building and Grounds, Public Relations, Publications, Membership,
Programs and Activities, Fund Raising. Please contact Ruth Sturgill at
10 to adult. Children 10-12 years of age would work alongside their
parents or guardian as Junior Volunteers. Teen-agers (13 - 18) years of
age) can enroll as LTHS Teens and may work individually or with friends.
Teens and children must have signed permission from parents.
as civic, school or church groups are needed on a one-time basis or long
term. If you or your group has a talent or skill that may meet the
society’s needs, please contact, Steven Espenschied.
are needed to work at the One Room Schoolhouse, the Greentown
Museum, during Special
Events, or even while at home.
- Create crafts for-sale in the gift shop
- Work with the curator on preservation
documentation and exhibition of the collections
- Work in the office answering telephone, mail,
data entry, filing, making copies and other office duties
- Work with the education committee researching,
creating and conducting programs such as camps, tours and lectures
- Writing articles of interest to local citizens about Lake Township history.
- Interview and record long-time township residents about their rememberances.
- Design and create informational signs
- Landscape work at the Greentown Museum including grass mowing and upkeep.
- Interior housekeeping of museum buildings
- Volunteer for special events such as the fireside
chats, annual dinner and auction, evening in the village,
- Fund raising
here to open an application document.
- Always accepting historical items
- File cabinets
- Office equipment and supplies
- Landscaping power equipment
- Exterior paint and painting supplies
- Computer – Hardware, software and accessories
- Phone line and Internet access
- We are recycling printer ink jet cartridges. Click
P.O. Box 482
You for Your Support!