Madison County, OH
Posted Queries for November 1996 thru February 1997
SURNAMES: A B CD E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- PORTER, STEELE posted by Susan Noel on Thursday, November 21, 1996
- Eliza PORTER and William STEELE were married, place unknown, but lived and died in London, OH area. Buried in London. Son, Alva Leon Steele married Edith Lea Yerian from Jackson Co., OH. Plaese help on PORTER and STEELE lines. I am at a roadblock. Thanks. SNoel
- COBERLY, WILLOUGHBY posted by Jill Gibbs on Friday, November 29, 1996
- Looking for any information on the family of Andrew Jackson WILLOUGHBY. Believe he was born in Madison County, OH c.1816. Married Catherine COBERLY in 1844. Children: Elmira,William,Samuel,David,John,and Sherman.Andrew died in Madison Co in 1870. Need info on parents of Andrew Jackson or Catherine Coberly.Please contact me if you are researching the WILLOUGHBY or COBERLY line!
- HANRAHAN, WILLOUGHBY posted by Jill Gibbs on Friday, November 29, 1996
- Looking for information on the family of Emma HANRAHAN who married Sherman WILLOUGHBY in Madison Co, 1890. Her parents names: Patrick Hanrahan and Alice Katen (?) from Ireland. Emma was born in Ohio 13 May 1867, and died in Clark Co,1918. Emma & Sherman's children: Allen,Arthur,Elizabeth and Florence.
- RICHISON, SMITH, WALLACE posted by Marvin Wallace on Saturday, November 30, 1996
- looking for information on Hugh M. WALLACE, b. 8/14/1778 and moved to bethel twp., ohio about 1800. married eleanor RICHISON, dau. of john RICHISON. need birth place or any info on Hugh M. WALLACE Addtl info: Hugh was first married to Margaret SMITH, dau. of Rev. Peter SMITH but she passed on shortly after their marriage. later married Eleanor RICHISON.
- BLIZARD posted by Patricia Garrett on Tuesday, December 24, 1996
- BLIZARD, Burton, b. 1781 Va d. 1860 Madison Co., Range Twp. Ohio. Any information, trying to find g-g-g-grandmother Mahetable Blizard m. 1816 Highland Co. to John Shipton. Was she related to Burton? Pat Garrett
- CLARK, CREATH posted by Betty Creath on Thursday, January 2, 1997
- Looking for information about William CREATH and his wife Margaret who lived and died in Madison Co, OH in the early 1800's. Their children were: Margaret, James, John, George, William, Samuel & Jane. Their son George married Nancy CLARK in 1824 in Madison County, OH and moved to IN and then IA where he died in 1853.
- ERVIN, ERWIN, IRVIN, SMITH posted by Terry Ervin on Monday, January 13, 1997
- ERVIN/IRVIN/ERWIN Moses m. 9/28/1848 Madison Co. SMITH Martha. Son Luther b. July 1857 around Xenia. Any info sibs of Luther or parents of Moses and Martha greatly appreciated. Have descendants to share.
- ALKIRES posted by Meg Alkire on Thursday, January 16, 1997
- I am looking for documented proof on the ALKIRES' who settled in Ohio (Meigs, Pickaway and Madison Counties) from Pennsylvania and Virginia. There is a Alkire Cemetary in Madison County (?). Wondering about Michael's cabin, still standing? William donated land in whick the cemetary is located. Any proof? Thank you
- SHARRETT, WELCH posted by Jill Judy on Thursday, January 30, 1997
- Seeking info on the SHARRETT and WELCH family of Licking Co Ohio. George Sharrett married Margaret Welch in Licking County in 1827. Who was George's parents and who is Margaret Welch's parent's? Any help is apprciated. They later moved to Madison and Fayette County Ohio. Jill Judy 359 Twp Rd 199 W Bellefontaine Ohio 43311-9732
- ROSTORFER posted by Fred Rostorfer on Saturday, February 1, 1997
- Looking for any information for the ROSTORFER family. I was born in Stokes Township in 1952. Looking for any other info avail:
- KENT, KINDT posted by Robert A. Kent on Tuesday, February 4, 1997
- KENT/KINDT, looking for John Kent b 26-jan-1827. Relocated to Jasper Co. Iowa. Changed name to Kent from Kindt sometime in 1840-1850. Married Jane Patterson and then Mary ann Patterson, near Tuscarawas or Union Co. Ohio. First son George Kent died at 8 mo. and was buried in the Roseburg Cem. Went on to have 11 children. Mary Ann, William, Sarah, John, Leander, Floyd, Elmer,Walter,Emma,Olive,? Any help would be appreciated. Willing to do 5 hours of research out here in California (SF area) for valid info.
- EMERICK, HETRICK posted by Dave Becker on Thursday, February 6, 1997
- Am looking for any and all descendants of George Leonard EMERICK, born in Pennsylvania on July 30, 1767. He married Julianna HETRICK, born in Pennsylvania in 1773. Together, they had 4 children while still in Pennsylvania. They were from the Northumberland Co. section of PA: Maria Catherine, born 22 Oct 1795; Maria Elizabeth, born 28 Jun 1797; John Michael, born 13 Mar 1799; and Maria Magdalena, born 12 Jun 1801. Supposedly, they moved west to Perry County, Ohio, but have been unable to place them. I am compiling a book on a colateral line and am desperate for any information on descendants of the above named individuals.
- DUKORN, LUCK, WEISFLOCK posted by Beth Shetterly on Saturday, February 8, 1997
- Searching for LUCK, DUKORN, WEISFLOCK, family members. Henry Luck is supposed to have died in service during a war in mid 1800's. His wife Elizabeth (Zimmermann) Luck left Virginia with her luggage (which contained the deed to their farm) and small children, (#?). The trunk with the farm deed was lost. The farm was sold for back taxes, (location of farm unknown). I only know the name of one child, William born abt 1850. Henry's father's name is possible Wilhelm Henrich Leuck. The family is said to have come from Bavaria, Germany. His mother was possibly Barthena. I have a Martin Luck who married Dorthea Mamie Dukorn, this is direct descendant to me. From here I have the family information. If anyone has my missing link, please contact me, I will share what I have. Beth Shetterly PO.Box 513 Lebanon Ohio 45036 firstname.lastname@example.org
- ANKROM, STOUT, TATMAN posted by M. McKenzie on Sunday, February 9, 1997
- Looking for any info on the following persons: Jesse TATMAN, b. abt. 1868 in Vinton Co. but moved to Madison Co. ((just outside of Plain City) abt 1910. He was married to Barbara Elinor ;Ella & ANKROM. She died Oct 6, 1911 in Plain City and is buried at Forest Grove cemetery. They had a daughter, Loie Victoria TATMAN, b. 2/9/1889 in Vinton Co, she lived with her parents until she married a Shirley STOUT in? Madison Co. Any info, including birth/death dates on cemetery graves is appreciated.
- BANGLE, WINTER posted by Christopher T. Winter on Sunday, February 9, 1997
- Would like to exchange information with anyone on the WINTER or BANGLE families of Ohio. Charles WINTER was born July 27, 1835 in OHIO. His father was born in England. His mother Maryland. He had one known sibling, a sister, who was living in East Oakland, California in 1899. Her married name was E.A. Bangle. Her husband operated a business N.B. Bangle and Brooklyn Company.' Charles WINTER died in Indian Territory in 1900.
- VESTAL posted by Alan Vestal on Monday, February 17, 1997
- Reuben VESTAL was born July 4, 1810 in Ross Co. Ohio. I am trying to find who his parents were. He married Elanor Mary Chapman on July 4, 1833 (Elanor born 02 July, 1809 in Frederick Co. VA). They had 8 children and lived many years in Madison Co. OH until moving to Greencamp Twp in Marion Co, OH . Reuben died on Feb. 17 1874. Sons: Marshall E(born Mar 31, 1834)., John Marshall (born Oct 4, 1835), James (born Oct 21, 1837), David (born Apr 15, 1842), Martin and Win (twins born May23, 1845) Daughters: Sarah Ann (born Aug 1845) and Mary Ann 'Polly" (born Sep 27, 1849).
- JACKSON, WALTERS posted by Skip Eckley on Tuesday, February 18, 1997
- any information on Edward John JACKSON and Nancy WALTERS four sons who served in civil war.Probably born Bellvill,Ohio
- BLAIR, MELVIN, VESTAL posted by Blair Leatherwood on Sunday, February 23, 1997
- Vestal BLAIR died in Madison County c 1819. I am trying to confirm that his parents are Alexander BLAIR and Elizabeth VESTAL. Both died after him and neither are named in his will. His wife was Elizabeth MELVIN. Any assistance on proving this relationship is appreciated.
- GOINGS posted by Dan Fitzpatrick on Thursday, February 27, 1997
- Charles Louis GOINGS born in Madison County Sept.1905 Father Charles P. GOINGS
Home | Queries | Lookups | Info | Links
USGenWeb | OHGenWeb | RootsWeb
The Madison County OHGenWeb site is a member of the OHGenWeb.
The Madison County OHGenWeb site County Coordinator is Dave Fultz, Jr.
This page was last updated a long time ago....
This page was created with Microsoft FrontPage v. 188.8.131.520
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.