Madison County, OH
Posted Queries for March thru April 1998
SURNAMES: A B CD E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- BYERS, LYNN, SUVER posted by Gary D. Kline on Sunday, March 8, 1998
- Madison County Query SUVER/LYNN Seeking information on Joseph SUVER (Union Twp. in 1830 and 1840 Censuses). May be father of my Hannah SUVER and Joseph W. SUVER (b. 1824). Also researching John LYNN (Union Twp. in 1840 Census). Joseph went on Calif. Gold Rush in late 1840s, then on to OR where he founded Suver Station near Corvallis. John LYNN may be father of my Morgan LYNN. Morgan LYNN m. Hannah SUVER, and had a daughter, Mary Catherine LYNN m. Joseph Coffman BYERS. They moved to Kalamazoo MI and had a daughter, Sallie Alice BYERS (b. 25 Jun 1864). Would appreciate hearing from anyone researching SUVER or LYNN in OH. Gary D. Kline Mason, MI 13 Feb 1998 GDKskills@AOL.com
- AKER, SCHRECK, SCHRECKENGAUST posted by David Smith on Sunday, March 8, 1998
- I am looking for information and descendant's of John N. SCHRECK born 1875 in Fairfield Co, Ohio and died 1948, John married Bertha ? around 1899 and was the son of George W. SCHRECKENGAUST and Amanda AKER. John and Bertha SCHRECK may have lived in the Plain City area and are buried in the Forest Grove Cemetery in Madison Co, Ohio. John SCHRECK had sibilings Oscar Clayton, Anna, Arthur H, Belle, Frank, Olive Viola, George. Eugene,any info is greatly appreciated.
- VOLKA posted by Patrick Carpenter on Sunday, March 8, 1998
- Christian VOLKA, born 11/25/1837 St. Louis, married Lucetta Bell. Died 9/06/1913 in Lafayette, Madison Co. Ran a drug store on National Highway. Children included John Christian, Mary Jeannette, Cary Florence, Kathy Bell, and Ella.
- BROWN, TOWNSEND posted by Helen Keyser Leich on Sunday, March 8, 1998
- Searching for information on parents of Joseph BROWN and Mary TOWNSEND who resident in Madison County, Ohio at time of daughter, Mary Lucy BROWN'S Birth On Aug. 2, 1858.
- REEVES posted by Dan Harrison on Sunday, March 8, 1998
- I'm trying to prove that Martha REEVES was in OH before 1821. According to info I have, she was born in Range Township, Madison County - but I don't have any formal proof. Her father was Thomas Turner REEVES. If anyone has any census records that show Thomas REEVES as being in Madison County before 1821, I would appreciate hearing from you. I hope to try to track down Thomas' will/estate records hoping that they mention Martha.
- BALES, RAMEY posted by Leslie Meyer on Sunday, March 8, 1998
- Looking for location of residence in Madison County in 1830-40. Property most likely under name of BALES Any suggestions?
- CULVER posted by Terri J. on Sunday, March 8, 1998
- Looking for parents of John Milton CULVER. Lived in Madison Co early 1800's. I beleive he may be a cousin or some relative of Watts Culver from near by Champaign co. If you know JOHN MILTON CULVER please contact me thanks TJ
- EVANS, WATSON posted by John S. Chapman on Friday, April 3, 1998
- Would like to contact Martin Kelly who submitted query about EVANS and WATSON in Madison County. His posted e-mail address may be out of date.
- BIDWELL, BROOKS, SPOOR posted by Diane R. French on Friday, April 3, 1998
- Looking for children of Daniel H . BROOKS and Clarissa SPOOR who lived in Maidson Co. OH in 1830. They had 9 children, Almond, Cynthia, Sylvester, Daniel A., Lydia, Lucretia, Maria, David D. and Francis "Frank" Marion. David D. BROOKS was married to Olive BIDWELL of Maidson Co. and they moved to NE where she died. Does anyone know of the other family members. Daniel H. BROOKS was an attorney and had land deals in 1810 in the area. Both Daniel H. and Clarissa were dead by 1843 I think in IN. Will exchange info.
- FRIZZELL, GOULDEN, WINDLE posted by Pat Johnson on Friday, April 3, 1998
- Earl Frizzell and his son, Warren were both residents of Madison Co 1820-1840. Did Mylinda FRIZZELL (Earl's wife) die in Madison Co before 1830? Did Warren FRIZZELL die in Madison Co before 1840? Need any news of these two families. There is a connection to Ruhama GOULDEN WINDLE and these two men. What was it? Her mother was Lucilla FRIZZELL GOULDEN
- SHELLENBARGER posted by Paula Goble on Friday, April 3, 1998
- Looking for information abour George SHELLENBARGER, born 1870 in Shelby Co. Ohio. George married Catherine Witwer and moved to Midway, Madison Co. Ohio. Catherine and George had a daughter Anna. George died about 1938.
- NEWLAND posted by Viola M. Ogle on Friday, April 3, 1998
- I am trying to locate the birthplace of my ggrandmother, Sarah Elizabeth NEWLAND, born 1826. Her youngest sister, Amanda Josephine NEWLAND, born 1842, and Joseph Taylor NEWLAND, born 1850 were both born in Madison County, OH. Her parents were Joseph W. NEWLAND and Nancy MARTIN, both from Virginia. Joseph W. NEWLAND's parents were John NEWLAND and Margaret WEIR from Ireland. Surnames of descendents are, PEEL, SMITH, JONES, OGLE and many others. Would like to get into contact with anyone related to this family.
- GORDON posted by Brandy Gordon-Gleason on Friday, April 3, 1998
- I am looking for information on John Freemont Gordon. I believe they lived in South Salon? He was my great great Grandfather. He was married to Lucinda ( Crane ), His children were Lester Harold , Oliver, Albert, and Emma, Lester Harold was my great grandfather he was married to Geneva Wilson- Gordon their children are, Betty Gordon- Conley, Sue Gordon-Kiaser, Ed, and John Wilson. Their homestead was on Old Xeina Road which is a historical landmark. John Wilson Gordon was my grandfather. He was married to Peggy (Hayman) they had 3 sons John, Steven K. and Glenn. Steven K. is my father and I am trying to trace our family tree back and learn some Gordon history. My grandfather passed away when I was only 3 and I am unable to ask him these questions. If you can help I would be grateful. Thanks so much. Brandy Gordon-Gleason
- CAMPBELL posted by Jeff Wallick on Friday, April 3, 1998
- CAMPBELL, Margaret D., m 11 May 1826 Madison Co OH a Jehu Jefferson Melvin. Jehu lived in Glade Union Tp Madison Co 1809- 47. Need any info on her and her ancestors.
- BOSE, BRITTINGHAM, LANE, PARISH posted by Jan Jewell on Friday, April 3, 1998
- I'm looking for descendants of James Hampton BRITTINGHAM and Catherine (LANE) BRITTINGHAM. Amity, Canaan Twp, Madison County and surrounding area. They are buried in the old section of Forest Grove Cemetery in Plain City. James Hampton BRITTINGHAM b: Jul 22, 1813 in Fairfield, OH d: Unknown in Madison Co, OH +Catherine LANE b: Jul 16, 1818 in OH d: Aug 23, 1889 in Madison Co, OH m: Jan 12, 1837 in Madison Co, OH Children: Eathen A. BRITTINGHAM b: Feb 07, 1838 d: Mar 05, 1862 in Madison Co, OH Hester Ann BRITTINGHAM b: Apr 11, 1843 d: Jan 11, 1878 in Madison Co, OH Ann E. BRITTINGHAM b: Abt. 1847 d: Unknown Charles W. BRITTINGHAM b: May 22, 1853 d: Aug 07, 1855 in Madison Co, OH Eleanora Jane BRITTINGHAM b: Unknown d: Aft. 1889 +Unknown BOSE b: Unknown d: Unknown m: Abt. 1875 Grandchildren: Ella PARISH b: Abt. 1873 in OH Effie PARISH Cassie PARISH Clara BOSE Harry BOSE
- MOONEY posted by Connie Lull on Friday, April 3, 1998
- MOONEY. Need parents of Francis (MOONEY) Coon who was born in 1822. I know that her mother was Silence MOONEY who died in Piatt Co., Illinois. Her husband was either George MOONEY or James MOONEY. He died in Madison Co., Ohio In 1850 this family was living in Union Township, Madison Co., Oh
- ASHCRAFT, ASHCROFT, MILLER, TAGGART posted by betty porter on Friday, April 3, 1998
- Information on Robert ASHCROFT/ASHCRAFT married Sarah TAGGART/MILLER/ 1862. Father was John and mother Letiticia.
- QUEEN posted by Carl E. Queen on Friday, April 3, 1998
- I am researching The surname QUEEN. My grandfather had a brother that lived in or around London,Madison County in the 1930`s his name was Sherman Queen and had a son and daughter named Chester and Hazel.Any infomation would be appreciated.Thank you Carl E. Queen
- CORBET, MADDEN, SERRELS posted by Shannon Rathbun on Friday, April 3, 1998
- Shannon Rathbun Rathbun@tir.com I am looking for any information about my ancestor Margaet Serrels (Madden). She was born on February 6, 1871 at Madison County, Ohio to JOhn Madden and Bridget Corbet. She married Thomas Serrels about 1870. She had a son names Sheridan Serrels. If you have any information about this family, contact me at the e-mail above.
- CRYDER, KINGHAM, MARKLEY posted by Karla Lawson on Friday, April 3, 1998
- MARKLEY : Jonathan Markley born 1827 in Summerford, Madison Co. Ohio. - married Sarah KINGHAM. Jonathan's father also Jonathan MARKLEY married to Mary CRYDER. Jonathan, Sr. father possibly Gabriel MARKLEY. Would love any information.
- COBERLY posted by Melissa Steinbrook on Saturday, April 18, 1998
- I am loking forinformation on the descendants of Thomas COBERLY who died in Madison county Ohio in 1823.
- LONG, RUNION, RUNYON posted by Frederick Emerson Long on Saturday, April 18, 1998
- LONG I am looking for the family history of Frederick Elmer LONG born in London, OH in the Madison CO. Township. He was born in Feb 18(?), 1896 and had both a brother and sister whose names I was too young to remember. Both Frederick Elmer LONG and brother served in law enforcement in OHIO for some years, possibly in Columbus, OH. Frederick Elmer LONG was married at least twice. The one wife's name was Nancy RUNYON(?) or RUNION(?). Apparently, from what I remember, they had two children which were murdered, resulting in Nancy RUNYON being committed to an institution(OHIO or KENTUCKY). Frederick Elmer LONG had a club foot from birth, and never served in the military.
- JONES posted by Denise Hall Brown on Saturday, April 18, 1998
- Looking for parents of Justus JONES, b. 17 Jul 1798 in Mt. Vernon, Fairfax Co., VA.; d. 1 Nov 1849 in Evans TWP, Marshall Co., IL; buried at Cherry Point Cemetery, same location. On 9 Feb 1820, he married Sarah "Sally Warner in VA. By Dec., 1820 Justus and Sally relocated to Madison Co., OH where all of their 6 children were born: Daniel Warner Jones, Epinetus Scott Jones, Louisa Jones, Zenas Roper Jones, Matilda Jane Jones and Drusilla Myers Jones. I know that Justus arrived in Marshall Co., IL with three other brothers; Barton, Ira and Abram, in the 1830's. I can't find the parents of the "JONES boys," Justus, Barton, Ira and Abram. Anyone else looking at this line?
Home | Queries | Lookups | Info | Links
USGenWeb | OHGenWeb | RootsWeb
The Madison County OHGenWeb site is a member of the OHGenWeb.
The Madison County OHGenWeb site County Coordinator is Dave Fultz, Jr.
This page was last updated a long time ago....
This page was created with Microsoft FrontPage v. 18.104.22.1680
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.