To subscribe, include the word "subscribe" (without quotes) in the body of an e-mail message to either the mail mode or digest versions. In "mail mode", you will receive each message seperately. In "digest mode", you will receive one file with all of the messages for the day (depending on the activity).
- Persons wishing to discuss history, research, ancestors relating to Mahoning County, Ohio, choose one:
- The "Rummel_Rooters" mailing list is for persons researching the surname Rummel (some who settled in and around Mahoning County). Choose one:
- Rummel_Rooters-Lfirstname.lastname@example.org (mail mode)
- Additions to the Mahoning County Archives:
- List of Funeral Directors
Contributed by: Christy Hodges Smith and Sandra Smith.
- Bill & Sue's Genealogy
Hubler, Hughes, Chambers, Mahoning and Trumbull Co. families
- Burge Family Homepage
With connections in Mahoning & Trumbull Counties for Allen, Bunts, Burge, Davis, Gee, Heikkila, Knight, Roof, Smith, Thompson and Wilcox.
- Project: Save Idora Park NEW URL! update your bookmarks.
COMMITTED TO THE REMEMBERANCE AND PRESERVATION OF IDORA PARK GROUNDS, MEMORABILLIA, AND MEMORIES. (updated 09-16-2000)
- Ohio African American Genealogy
"The Ties That Bind"
- Ohio Tombstone Project
- Immigrant Ships Transcribers Guild
THE AMERICAN SLOVAK CULTURAL ASSOCIATION
- If you don't know where the town you are looking for try a vistiting: Wood County OHGenWeb page. County Coordinator Bill Oliver has done a wonderful job of listing all of the townships in Ohio. Stop in and check it out, you just might find that lost township you are looking for.
1870 Mahoning County census index
As transcribed by Barb Nicolls
- SLIGO Castleconnor Parish Records Marriages-Castleconnor Church Records.
- YOUR PAST CONNECTIONS the site that is dedicated to helping people find original items and memorabilia from their family's past.
- The Youngstown Memories website, inspired by exchanges on the OHMAHONI list, is the place to read and share memories about Youngstown, Ohio.
- Index of 1922 Census of Slovak People
- "Four Generations of the Immigrant Christian Rodabaugh (1707?-1779) and His Family" -- descendents found in Mahoning county: George Broadsword, Susanna Broadsword
- The Political Graveyard--Mahoning County, Ohio
- Famous Ohioans
- The Youngstown Historical Center of Industry & Labor has a collection of videotaped oral histories. View the list of names in the collection.
- The May Genealogical Database , last updated Sun, 17 Jun 2001, database contains 6707 people, 6707 names, many from Mahoning County and surrounding counties. You can search the database, view descendents or pedigree, and even extract a GEDCOM.
If you have a database with surname connection to Mahoning County and would like to have it posted here, please e-mail .