A department of the Monroe County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society
Purpose: To promote ancestral knowledge and to educate the descendants of Pieter Klein of Alsace Lorraine,
including but not limited to his descendants of Moritz and Nicholas Klein/Cline.
More on Pieter Klein
PIETER1 KLEIN was born Abt. 1575 in Stiensall, Alsace region, current day France, and died 02 Aug 1635.
That ancestral linkage is as follows:
1) Pieter Klein (born circa 1575 and died 2 Aug 1635 in Stiensall, Alsace region, Germany) and was the father of Nicholas Klein
2) Nicholas Klein (born prior to 1609) married Magdalena (widow of Briden Lentz) 9 Sep 1640 and was the father of Sebastian Klein
3) Sebastian Klein (born 15 Sep 1644) married Anna Catharina Schmidt 9 Apr 1665. Among their children are the 2 sons below:
· Nicholas Klein (b 29 Oct 1676, d 2 Jul 1747)- grandfather of George Cline of Monroe County, Ohio
· Moritz Klein (b 18 Jul 1684)- ancestor of the North Carolina branch of the Clines.
The linkage from Nicholas Klein to George Cline of Monroe County, Ohio, is as follows:
Nicholas Klein mar 19 Jan 1700 to Anna Elizabeth Bohn (b 4 Jan 1681, d 11 Nov 1766). They have 10 children (7 survive to adulthood). Their firstborn is Johannes (John) Klein (b 28 Apr 1701
in Postorff, near Stiensall, where both the Nicholas Klein and Moritz Klein families have settled). Johannes Klein married Anna Margreta Gangloff 21 Apr 1722 and they have 9 children (6 survive to adulthood). Their youngest surviving son is Hans George Klein (b 21 Jul 1740) George Klein comes to PA with his parents and 4 brothers and 1 sister in 1744. They arrive on the ship Phoenix on 20 Oct 1744 in Philadelphia. George Klein is naturalized in the fall of 1765 in Long swamp township, Berks County, PA.
No other records of George Klein in PA. It is assumed he left PA to marry and raise his family before ending up in Monroe County, Ohio.
Information provided by:
Goerge Cline of Los Altos CA matched the Clines of Monroe County in 26 of 26 markers on their Y-Dna.
Some Facts You Need to Know:
The fee for membership in the Klein/Cline Lineage Society is $15.00.
You must be a member of the Monroe County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society at the time of application.
You need not carry the surname Cline/Klein. You only need to be a descendant of the family.
Contact the Monroe Chapter OGS or
23803 Oxford Twp. Rd. 252b
Newcomerstown, OH 43832