Pension Application William Schaeffer
Private, Co. D, 184 OHIO Inf
State of Ohio, County of Montgomery. On this 31st day of March, 1925, before me , the undersigned, personally appeared for pension under the provisions of the act of Congress approved May 1, 1920:
That he is 82 years of age; that he was born Feb. 15, 1843 near Germantown, Montgomery County, State of OHIO, enlisted Feb. 10th 1864 at Germantown, William Schaeffer, Co. D, 184 O.V.I., discharged Sept. 20th, 1865 at Nashville Tennessee, having served in the Civil War .
That his personal description at time of first enlistment was as follows: Heithg 5 feet 8 inches, complexion light, color of eyes, blue; color of hair, dark. That his occupation was farmer. That since leaving the service he has resided at Germantown and German Twp. And his occupation has been farming and butchering. That he requires personal aid and attendance of another person and has required such aid and attendance since October 1st, 1924 on account of the following disabilities: Eyesite being badly impaired and when leaving home he needs the assistance of some one to guide him to where he is to go .
A.R. Jackson, Germantown, OH
Chester A. Eby, Germantown, OH
Claimants signature: William Schaeffer
Daniel W. Zehring, Notary Public
- Are you a married man? If so, please stat your wifes full name and her maiden name: Yes, Sarah J. B. Schaeffer, nee, Sarah J. Bear.
- When, where and by whom were you married? February 27th, A.D., 1881, Germantown, Ohio, Montgomery County, by the Rev. P.C. Prugh.
- What record of marriage exists? The usual record at the recording office, Dayton, Ohio.
- Were you previously married? If so, please state the name of your former wife and the date and place of her death or divorce: Yes, Agnes Bear, deceased A.D. 1878, November 3rd.
- Have you any children living? If so, please state their names and the dates of their birth: I have two children, Blanche Schaeffer, born March 29th, A.D. 1874 and Elizabeth M. Schaeffer, born November 5th, A.D. 1885
Signed June 4, 1898, William Schaeffer
Hiram Gross was another earlier witness and served with William Schaeffer.
Submitted by: Lisa Hoffman
© Copyright 2005 Katy Hestand. All Rights Reserved. All materials contained on these pages are furnished for the free use of those individuals researching their family origins. ANY COMMERCIAL USE, PUBLICATION, OR POSTING OF THIS MATERIAL ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, WITHOUT THE WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE COORDINATORS/AUTHOR/SUBMITTER OF THE MATERIAL/PAGE, IS PROHIBITED. All images used on these pages were obtained from sources permitting free distribution, or generated by the author, and are subject to the same restrictions/permissions. All persons contributing material for posting on these pages do so in recognition of their free, non-commercial distribution, and furthermore, are responsible to assure that no copyright is violated by their submission.