|Montgomery County Chapter|
Ohio Genealogical Society
Marriages for Grooms' Surnames beginning with "F"
Charles W. Fisher - J. K. Leach
Dayton Daily Journal - June 19, 1889
The residence of Mr. J. K. Leach, 205 Linden avenue was filled with invited guests last evening who assembled to witness the marriage of his eldest daughter, Miss Mannie, to Mr. Charles W. Fisher, of Buffalo, New York.
Promptly at eight the young couple made their appearance and the ceremony was performed in the front parlor by Rev. E. W. Lounsbury, in a most impressive manner. The bride was handsomely attired in light surah with lace trimmings, and carried an elegant bouquet of flowers. The groom wore conventional black.
Following the ceremony congratulations were extended by those present, and about ten the wedding supper was announced, to which full justice was done by all.
The presents received by the young couple were elegant and costly, among them being a silver butter dish from Mr. and Mrs. B. L. Casto, set of silver knives from Misses Flora Lee, Anna Halteman and Clara Clark; silver spoons, Mr. and Mrs. T. A. Bissell; silver salt set, gold lined, Mrs. C. C. James; silver cake basket, Mr. and Mrs. P. E. Gilbert; silver egg cups, gold lined, Miss Jennie McDowell; silver butter knife, Miss Retta Shaefer; set silver spoons, Mr. and Mrs. A. J. Snyder; silver fruit dish, Mr. and Mrs. Waler Fisher; fruit dish, Mr. and Mrs. P. Riebe; pair of vases, J. Frank Kiefaber; groom to bride, upright piano. A number of other presents, consisting of table linen, rugs, tidies, etc., were received.
Among those present from other points were Miss Bertha Snyder and Albert Hunter, of Piqua; Misses Retta Shaefer, Minie Maxwell, Jennie McDowell and Mrs. Thackery, of Troy; Miss Heuston, of Hamilton, and Mr. Walter C. Fisher, a brother of the groom, of St. Paul, Minn.
The groom was formerly head draughtsman at the car works in this city, and now occupies a similar position with the Wagner Car Works, of Buffalo, N.Y. The young couple left at midnight for Buffalo via Detroit and Niagra Fallos, and will go to housekeeping in their cozy home, which is awaiting them at 364 West avenue.
Elias Fisher - Mollie Woods
Dayton Journal – September 20, 1872
On the 1?th instant, by Rev. D. Winters, D. D., at the residence of Mr. J. A. Cooper, Mr. Elias Fisher to Miss Mollie Woods, both of Madriver township.
Edward Francis Fleming - Mabel Elizabeth Jones
Dayton Daily Journal - October 22, 1903, Pg 5
The wedding of Miss Mabel Elizabeth Jones and Mr. Edward Francis Fleming was solemnized yesterday morning at Sacred Heart church, Rev. Father Charles Hickey officiating in the nuptial high mass. White chrysanthemums and roses, with palms, were used in the decoration of the church, a similar arrangement in green and white also being used at the home of the bride's uncle and aunt, Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Cable of West Fifth street, where the breakfast and reception took place.
The music for the wedding was given by the regular choir of the church, with Miss Butz at the organ, Mr. William Bucher assisting on the violin.
The bridal party entered as the Lohengrin march was played, the users, Messrs. Albert Callahan, Hugh Wall, Michael Walsh and Edward Sweetman coming first, followed by the groom and his best man, Mr. Martin Costello, of Cincinnati.
The bride was gowned in white crepe mousseline over taffeta, made train length. The style was simple, groups of deep tucks being the only ornamentation of the skirt, the waist being richly garnished with Venetian point lace and a tulle veil caught up with a diamond sunburst. At her throat she wore the groom's gift, a sunburst of diamonds and pearls. She carried a handsome white prayer book.
Miss Wagner, maid of honor, wore a gown of white silk chiffon over taffeta, with white picture hat. She carried white chrysanthemums.
During the ceremony Mr. Bucher played "Oh, Promise Me," and the bridal procession retired to the joyous strains of Mendelson.
The breakfast and reception followed at the Gable home, those at the bride's table being, in addition to the bridal party, Miss Jeannette Sweetman and Miss Ella Myers and members of the immediate families of the bride and groom.
A fine assortment of silver, cut glass and china testified to the esteem of many friends, whose best wishes go with Mr. and Mrs. Fleming in the new life upon which they now enter.
After an eastern trip they will be at home after December 1 at 404 West Fifth Street.
Paul Anthony Fortener - Mary Margaret King
Dayton Journal Herald, July 4, 1937, Page 2
Announcement of the engagement of Miss Mary Margaret King and Paul Anthony Fortener was made at a formal dinner-dance given Wednesday evening at Elm Gables by Miss King's sister, Miss Virginia King, 417 Homewood avenue.
The announcement and the date of the marriage were written on cards which were hidden in corsages for the young women and boutonnières for the young men who attended the dance. These were arranged at the places of the guests at the table and ribbons connected these bouquets to the center-piece of summer flowers. Candles and fern were also used to create the center-piece.
Guests at the event, in addition to the guests of honor, Miss King and Mr. Fortener, included Mr. and Mrs. Joseph King, parents of the bride-elect; A. Fortener, 20 Kratochwill street, father of the bride-groom-elect; the hostess and her escort, William Horner; Miss Marie Angela Merker and Charles Glaser, Mrs. and Mrs. Charles Craft, Mr. and Mrs. Robert Wolf, Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Fortener, Mr. and Mrs. Fred Merker, Mr. and Mrs. Albert Gullum, of Miamisburg, and Miss Rita Grillmeier and George Burgulla.
Robert Charleton Fuller - Mary Elizabeth Kline
Dayton Journal – September 27, 1872
On Thursday, September 26, at the residence of the bride's mother, by the Rev. James B. Britton, Robert Charleton Fuller, M.D. to Miss Mary Elizabeth Kline, all of Dayton, Ohio.
Visitors since March 9, 2008