Daughters of Nile Temple Is Organized Here (1934)




Dayton Daily News - May 17, 1934


[transcription of article]

The Dayton Temple of the Daughters of the Nile was instituted Wednesday at Pythian castle, with a membership of wives, widows, mothers, sisters and daughters of Nobles of the Mystic Shrine.

Mrs. Emma Knapmeyer, Chicago, acted as organizer. Gertrude Smith and Bertha Ritter of Ishtar Temple, Cincinnati, were in charge of the ceremonies. Following luncheon, officers of this temple exemplified the ritual and uniformed guards presented a drill.

The Daughters of the Nile engaged in making articles for use in crippled children hospitals of the Shriners.

Caption to picture:

Left to right, above, first row:

  • Mrs. Gertrude Smith, supreme marshal
  • Mrs. Emma Knapmeyer, supreme deputy
  • Mrs. Dorella Taylor, supreme chaplain
      All of Chicago.

Second row:

  • Mrs. Leila Mullen, honorary past queen of the Daughters of the Nile
  • Mrs. Bertha M. Wyatt, queen
  • Mrs. Nina Hapner, princess royal
  • Mrs. Olive Abe, princess tirzah

Below, first row:

  • Mrs. Edna Ritter, attendant
  • Mrs. Bertha M. Ritter, queen of Ishtar temple, Cincinnati
  • Dorothy Mueller, attendant

Second row:

  • Alberta Beach, princess royal
  • Elsie Allen, princess tirzah
  • Mary Lowe Wilkins, princess marshal
  • Masin L. Haskell

Third row:

  • Mrs. Charles Horton
  • Anna H. Gall, chaplain
  • Elma Hullinger, junior past queen
  • Carol Holter, princess

Fourth row:

  • Josie Mueller, princess
  • Gertrude Smith, recorder
  • Mrs. Harry Gray, princess
  • H. D. Rinsberg, Cincinnati
      and Chicago officers
This page maintained by Carolyn Johnson Burns.

You are the 480
visitor since July 13, 2004.