West Carrollton School Buildings and George Pease, President of the Association of Former Pupils
[transcription of article]
WEST CARROLLTON, O., Oct. 1 - A well attended reunion of the pupils of former school superintendents was held today on the school campus. This was the second reunion conducted in West Carrollton and it was pronounced an unqualified success.
Pupils of the following superintendents dating from 1876 to 1890 were in attendance: J. J. Corbett, Thaddeus Reese, J. H. Harmon, N. P. Davidson and T. A. Bouser. In 1876 the present old building standing along the traction line was first used. Prior to that time the village school was conducted in the building now used as a Lutheran church.
Prof. Chas. Plessinger was present and gave a very interesting talk. The day was enjoyably spent in reminiscences and a pleasant feature was the basket picnic.
The officers of the reunion association are: Geo. Pease, president, West Carrollton; Mrs. Wm. Baum, secretary, Dayton; Mrs. Lavern Warwick, treasurer, Dayton.
As far as is known all of the superintendents mentioned have either died or removed from this vicinity.
The enrollment dating back to 1876 was less than 100 children compared with the present enrollment numbering between 500 and 600. Now the corps of teachers numbers 14.
A first class high school has been added to the course of instruction.