Scenes from Columbia County
Originally called Wappatto Island and visited by the Lewis and Clark expedition in 1805. The island's name was changed to Sauvie Island after an old dairyman around 1841. Sauvie Island lies at the mouth of the Willamette river with the Columbia River to the east. It is the largest island on the Columbia River.
Our Chapter Officers
|Vice Regent||Barbara Wray|
Web hyperlinks to non-DAR sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters.
Photo Credit: Portland Ground: Pictures of Portland Oregon
Page last Updated 10/10/2012