- P. & W. Engineering Co. - [ ] 3751
Montgomery Road (predecessor to P.
& W. Tool & Die?)
- P. & W. Tool & Die Co. - [machine
shop] 3752-54 (3749?) Montgomery Road
- The Palm Brothers Decalomania Company,
a.k.a The Decalcomania Co. - [transfer
ornaments / decals] incorporated April 7, 1908, nwc Spencer &
Lexington Avenues; 3736 Regent Av.
Spencer, south corner on Lexington Avenues, between Regent and Spencer
Avenues est. 1868,
"mfgs. of trade designs & decorations"
- Palmer Thermometers, Inc. - [manufacturer
of laboratory instruments and industrial thermometers] 2501 Norwood
Avenue; nwc Linden and Norwood Avenues ;
it was successor to James Foster & Co.,
est. 1856, located at swc Fifth & Race, Cin'ti; changed
name to R. P. Palmer Co. in 1895, when
Richard Penny Palmer took control, and to Palmer
Co. in 1918, when Charles R. Palmer was president, and to Palmer
Thermometers in 1926. In 1937 because of growth it moved to the
old three-story Freeman Face Powder building
at Linden and Norwood Avenues, Norwood.
- William E. Pangburn - [general building
contractor] 4111 Smith Road
- The Paragon Refining Co. - [gasoline
station] n.w.c. Hopkins Av. and Montgomery Road
- Paramount Television Service Center -
[radio & tv sales & service] 5316 Carthage Avenue
- W. F. Parchman - [painter] 5270 Montgomery
- Parkview Market - [grocery] 2020 Worth
- Parkview Supermarket - [grocery
store] 3838 Montgomery Road, at corner of Montgomery and Hudson,
across from Norwood Plaza
- C. L. Parrott - [boot & shoe repair]
2087 Sherman Av.
- Parry Products - [engineers] 4600
Montgomery Road; nec Washington Avenue and Montgomery Road, at First
National Bank Building, Room 15
- Pastor's Men's Wear - [men's clothing]
4640 Montgomery Road
- Geo. A. Patterson a.k.a. Patterson
Auto Service - [gasoline station] s.w.c. Robertson Avenue and
Duck Creek Road
- Payless Shoe Store - [shoe store] 4409
- George M. Peck - [painter] 3840 Forest
- Peck's Pony Keg - [poney keg] 2003 Worth
Avenue; formerly Lewark's Delicatessen
- Peerless - [home improvement] "since
- Peizer's - [delicatessen] 4306 Smith Road
- I. Pelsner - [merchant tailor] 4709
- Clarance J. Penn - [public accountant]
3930 Elsmere Av
- Pennington Bakeries - [bakery
factory] Sherman Avenue near Reading Road;; originally the
building and land of The Norwood Roller Rink
until November 13, 1950, with possesion on December 10. (the building
became a roller rink again in the 1980s?)
- Pennyslvania Railroad - [railway] Norwood
Passenger Station beyond Harris Place, at n.e.c. Duck Creek Road and
Harris Avenue. The Fraternal
Order of Eagles owns & occupies the building now.
- Perin's Service Station - [gasoline
station] nwc Montgomery & Weyer
- Perkins Paint & Glass - [paint and
glass store] 4408 Montgomery Road
Perkins Paint & Glass advertisement, 1950
- Permanent Pigments, Inc. - [artists'
materials mfg.] 2700 Highland Av.
Started in 1933 by Henry W. Levison as a manufacturer of artists oil
paints. He moved to Norwood from Cincinnati because of the 1937 flood.
Levison created Liquitex ("Liquid Texture") for artist, the
first commercially available water-based acrylic gesso (paint), in
1955. The company was acquired in 1964 by Binney & Smith, Inc. of
Pennsylvania (Crayola), which was itself bought out by Hallmark Cards,
Inc. in 1984. (Revell-Monogram, plastic model kit maker, was acquired
in 1994.) The Liquitex brand was sold to Col-Art (an old international
art supply company, which includes the Winsor & Newton brand) in
- Charles J. Perry - [automobile repair]
5133 Montgomery Road
- Perry & Derrick Company a.k.a p&d
paints, LLC- [paint mfg.] 2511 Highland Avenue, at Beech (est.
May 12, 1913, Dayton, KY.; moved to Norwood in 1959)
- Frank Perry - [physician] 4715 Montgomery
Road at Maple Building
- The Personal Finance Company of Norwood
a.k.a Personal Finance Company -
[loans] 2090 Sherman Ave., near Montgomery Road;
4545 Montgomery Road
- John Peter - [soft
drinks] 4553 Montgomery Road
- John Peter's a.k.a. Peter's
Cafeteria - [restaurant] 4553
Peter's Cafeteria ads from 1955 and 1961
- Peter's Cafeteria - [restaurant] se corner
Robertson and Forest Avenues (see Forest
- Albin Peterson - [retail furniture
dealer/repairer] 1920 Elm Av.
- Pete's Place - [restaurant] 4614
Manufacturing Company - [plumbing manufacturer] Huston,
Mentor & Williams Avenues; n.w.c. Mentor and Huston Avenues.
- Roy Pfau - [delicatessen] 1756 Sherman
- Phoenix Insurance Company of Hartford -
[insurance] 4617 Montgomery Road
- Photinos Bros. - [restaurant]
4748 Montgomery Road
- Nick Photinos - [restaurant] 4712-1/2
- Charles Pierson - [general building
contractor] 2244 Cameron Avenue
- Pike Cafe - [restaurant] 4711 Montgomery
- Pilot Inn - [cafe/restaurant] Edwards and
- Pinales Cleaners and Tailors -
[cleaners/tailors] 5254 Section Avenue;
5258 Section Av.
- Pioneer Bakery - [bakery]
2114 Maple Avenue, W. Finke, Prop.
- Pittsburgh Oil Company - [manufacturers
agent] 4115 Edwards Road
- Pizza Hut - [restaurant] Surrey Square
- Paramount Plastics - [plastic product
manufacturer] 2046 Ross Avenue
- Planet Corporation - [?] 2115 Monroe
- Plaza Airdome a.k.a.
Airdome - [movie
theater] 4431 Montgomery Pike, outdoor theater owned by the Plaza
Theater Company (previously owned by Norwood
- Plaza Theater a.k.a. Plaza
Theatre - [movie theater]
4630 Montgomery Road (east side Montgomery Road , north of Sherman
Av.), The Norwood Amusement Company, prop.
- W. B. Plunket - [restaurant]
4723 Montgomery Road
- Gus. Poggenbeck - [grocery]
se corner Harper and Marion; 4924 Marion Av.
- Pointer Realty - [real estate] 4301 Smith
- Pointer Remodeling Company - [remodeling]
4301 Smith Road
- Poley's Men's Shop - [men's clothing
store] 4721 Montgomery Road (closed
Norwood store in 1955?)
- Judson D. Pomeroy - [plastering
contractor] 5435 Roseland Mound
- William H. Ponder - [grocery] 2687 Madison
- James A. Pool - [cement contractor] 1915
- G. W. Poole - [grocery]
Carthage, opp. Montgomery Road (est.
- Hazel B. Poole - [beauty shop] 2435
- H. Portmann & Company - [stair
builders] 4239 Franklin Avenue (1930), same address, but name was H.
Portman & Co.
- Winona Potts - [beauty shop] 4314
Montgomery Road (Craig Building)
- William F. Powell - [physician] 4414
- William H. Powell - [dentist] 2049 Sherman
Avenue; may have moved to this location across from
the old Norwood High School around 1937
- Pre-Engineered Components - [sound systems
store] Surrey Square
- Jessie Prewitt - [restaurant] 4220
- John E. Pringle - [floors] 4103 Ivanhoe
- George J. Proctor - [mason] 2404 Madison
- Professional Pets - [pet store] Surrey
- Proffitt's Super Market - [grocery] 2364
- Progress Laundry & Dry Cleaners - [dry
cleaners] 4900 Montgomery Road (at Norwood Avenue?)
- Promenade Inn - [restaurant] 3805
- Provencher's Upholstery - [upholsterer]
3966 Montgomery Road
- Provident Bank - [bank] Surrey Square
merged with National City Bank on March 4,
2005, which was acquired by PNC Bank on
November 6, 2009
- Ray Prus - [concrete contractor] 4639
- Raymond Prus - [concrete contractor] 4649
- Pucini's Pony Keg & Delicatessen -
[delicatessen] 3735 Montgomery Road
- Rudolph L. Puls, Pharmacist - [pharmacy]
4001 Montgomery Road (Montgomery & Williams)
- Charity Pumphrey - [beauty shop] 4416
- Pure Oil Co. - [gasoline station] n.e.c.
Montgomery Road and Ashland Av.
- Puss 'N Boots Coffee
Shop - [restaurant] 4539 Montgomery Road