- Page 55.
- R. P. BELLSMITH. Photographer.
- Thirty-two photographs of Norwood children were included in his collage.
- Henrietta Riley
- Annie Lloyd
- Hazel Moessinger
- Nelson Littell
- Ratliff Twins, Elouise & Annatte
- Hazel Devoe
- George Alfred & Rettig Singer
- Carroll & Virginia Gertrude Figge
- Winona B. Poage
- Robert Wittrock
- Eliza Scott
- Alice Davis
- George Crowthers
- Alfred Springer
- Georgina Bellsmith
- The Jewells, John Davis, Jessie & Edwin
- Isabella Kate Betty
- Mary Alice Kemper
- Norma Winkleman
- Helen Wichgar
- Edwin S. Robinson
- Georgina & Ormsby Bellsmith
- Hal Meader
- Ida Windhorst
- Herbert Harrington
- Emery Holt
- Helen C. & Esther Bryant Slane
- Ariel Byington Mulford
- Flora Cattell
- Helen Littell
- E. Morley Westlake
- Albert Zimmerman
- Page 56.
- CINCINNATI PRESSED BRICK COMPANY.
Manufacturer of Pressed Bricks.
- This is a detailed story of the manufacture and use of these Norwood bricks.
- The manufacturing facilities were located just above Duck Creek at the junction with the B. & O. S.W. railroad tracks. The 1896 Norwood Directory gave the address as Duck Creek Road and Park Avenue (indicating that it was behind today's U. S. Playing Card Company facility.
- The offices were at the Fosdick Building on West Fourth Street, downtown Cincinnati.
- The owners, the Barker family, lived at the northeast corner of Forest and Park Avenues, Norwood.
- Page 57.
- BOFINGER & HOPKINS.
Contractor for many Norwood Subdivisions.
- A list of citizens who had homes built by this company.
- Page 58.
- DES JARDINS & HAYWARD. Architects
– 216 Main Street, Rooms 75 & 76 of the Blymyer Building, Cincinnati.
Architects of the following buildings in Norwood:
- Presbyterian Church, C. L. and N. Depot; residences of Jackson Slane, C. E. Page, C. L. Seaman, E. Mills, C. C. Robinson, A. A. King, J. R. Lindsay and L. M. Brown.
- THE BANDLE ARMS CO. Sporting Goods
– 267 Main Street, Cincinnati.
- Seller of guns, rifles, revolvers, ammunition, fishing tackle, base ball and athletic goods, and general sporting goods.
- G. Morris Crawford, Pres. and Treas.; Henry Goodman, Vice-president and Manager.
- G. C. RIORDAN & CO. Stained Glass.
– 30 & 32 East Fifth Street, Cincinnati.
- FECHHEIMER'S CLOTHING. Men & Boys Clothing.
- HUNSTMAN & HARDESTY. Florists & Cut Flower Dealers.
– 27 & 39 West Fourth Street, Cincinnati.
- HENRY LASANCE. Tailor.
– 159 Main Street, Cincinnati.
- Residence on Ivanhoe Avenue, Norwood.
- THE DUHME COMPANY. Goldsmiths and Silversmiths.
– Fourth & Walnut Streets, Cincinnati.
- GEO. P. DAVIS, JR. Real Estate and Loan Broker.
– 52 Johnston Building at 5th & Walnut, Cincinnati.
- Residence on Williams Avenue, west of Ivanhoe Avenue, Norwood.
- Page 59.
- BROWNING, KINGS & CO. Men & Boys Clothing.
– Race & 5th Streets, Cincinnati.
- KELLEY KOAL KOKE. Supplier of Coal and Coke.
– Maple Avenue, Norwood.
- THE GEM CITY ROOFING AND PAVING CO.
Cement Walk Contractor.
– 15 N. St. Clair Street, Dayton, Ohio.
- J. R. ZIMMERMAN & SONS.
Upholsterer and Mattress Manufacturer.
– 126 & 128 Sycamore Street, Cincinnati.
- J. P., J. P., Jr. and F. E. Zimmerman.
- Manufacturers of hair and spring mattresses, restorers of antique and fine furniture, and packer, shipper and storer of household effects.
- Page 60.
- Page 61.
- THE MABLEY & CAREW CO. Clothing and furnishing goods.
—Opposite Fountain, Cincinnati.
- THE YOST MANUFACTURING CO.
Manufacturer of "The Falcon" bicycle.
- SCHIELY & POAGE Ticket Brokers.
—Carew Building at 193 Vine Street and 107 Central Avenue, near the Grand Central Depot.
- Page 62.
- C. E. BROCKMANN. Dealer in Home Furnishing Goods.
—110 & 112 Main Street, on east side between 3rd and 4th Streets, Cincinnati.
- C. & A. KREIMER CO. Furniture.
—373 & 381 Main Street, Cincinnati, with factories at Richmond and Carr Streets, Cincinnati.
- POTTER'S. Shoe Store.
—114 & 116 West Fifth Street, between Race & Vine Streets, Cincinnati.
- D. H. BALDWIN & CO. Pianos.
—158 West Fourth Street, near Elm Street, Cincinnati.
- Page 63.
- J. M. MCCULLOUGH'S SONS. Seed Supplier.
- Page 64.
- Page 65.
- Traxel & Maas Art Store. Art Store and Fine Arts Gallery.
—172 West Fourth Street, Cincinnati.
- Hohnstedt & Windhorst. A Dry Goods and Notions Store with Daily Delivery to Norwood.
—northwest corner of Main & Twelve Streets, Cincinnati.
- Moessinger, Fritsch & Hugle.
Auctioneers, Real Estate and Loan Brokers.
—No. 1 West Fourth Street, Cincinnati.
- Page 66.
- Norwood Park.
A Subdivision with A. Y. Reid as Trustee and a Resident.
- Photo A. Y. Reid Residence at Park & Floral; Norwood Electric Roadway, B.&O.S.W.R.R., C.,L.&N.R.R. Floral Avenue, Park Avenue, and Montgomery Road are mentioned.
- Page 67.
- JOHN L. VINE. Prescription Druggist.
—Montgomery Avenue, opp. Central School.
- Post-office, telephone and telegraph stations.
- Open day & night.
- FRANK GERDE. Practical Horse Shoer.
—Main Avenue, Norwood.
- FRANK GRABUTH. Hardware Store
- Tin and Slate Roofing
- Galvanized Cornice Work
- Dealer in Hardware and Tinware.
- Dealer in Stove Casting.
- F. Grieme. Druggist and Apothecary.
—N.W. Corner of Carter and Hopkins Avenues.
- John Niehaus. Grocery Store.
- Wm. Schueler. Dealer in Boots, Shoes and Rubbers.
- Herman Schuerman House Painter.
—Montgomery Pike, north of Highland Avenue.
- F. Shafer & Co. Livery and Boarding Stable.
—Main Avenue, at the end of Electric Road.
- H. P. Smith & Son. Dry Goods & Notions Store.
—Main Avenue, opposite School House.
- Phil. Voelker Barber Shop.
—Montgomery Road, near the B.&O.S.W. Bridge.
- John L. Vine. Agent for "La Duchesse" Cigars.
- Page 68.
- Elsmere. A Subdivision with John G. Brotherton & Co. as Agent
- Photo of Residence at Hudson & Floral; Mt. Adams & Eden Park Electric Cars, C.,P.&V.R.R., Floral Avenue, Williams Avenue, Duck Creek Road, Lexington Avenue, Regent Avenue, Cleneay Avenue, Hudson Avenue, Montgomery Road and Elsmere Station are mentioned.
- Page 69.
- Page 70.
- David Davis. Attorney at Law.
- Cobb & Howard. Attorneys and Counselors at Law.
—Orris P. Cobb, Norwood, and Edwin J. Howard, Price Hill.
- William G. Williams. Attorney at Law.
—Residence on Carthage Avenue in Norwood Heights.
- Aaron McNeill. Counselor and Attorney at Law.
- Charles E. Prior. Attorney at Law.
- Wm. E. Bundy. Attorney at Law and Notary Public.
—Residence at the N.W. cor. Ivanhoe & Wayland Aves.
- Edward Moulinier. Attorney at Law and Notary Public.
—Residence on Monroe Ave., bet. Forest & Floral Aves.
- Dr. R. C. Wintermute. Medical Doctor.
—Mentor Avenue, three doors west of Pike.
- James A. Gibson. Plumber, Gas and Steam Fitter.
—Branch Shop at Montgomery Road and Sherman Ave.; mentions Dr. Springer receiving the first water branch tap on May 22, 1894.
- Page 71.
- F. G. Leimann. Manufacturer and Builder of Sash, Doors, Blinds, and General Mill Work.
- Wm. Lawson & Bro. Sanitary Plumbers.
- Empsons. Fine Confections.
—Proprietor, E. H. Van Zant.
- Roosa & Ratliff Chemical Co. Manufacturer of The R.&R. Syrup for Coughs and Colds.
- The Thomson & Blackman Company Stationers, Engravers and Printers.
- The Geo. F. Otte Company Carpets, Curtains and Draperies.
—Geo. F. Otte, Pres., F. L. Ratterman, Vice-Pres., C. E. Spielman, Sec't and Treas., and Jno. D. Sayers, Gen. Supt.
- Frank Herschede Importing Jeweler.
- Page 72.
- Queen City Supply Company Industrial Equipment Supplier.
, Pund & Co., Proprietors.
- Page 73.
- Page 74.
- H. W. Weisbrodt. Photo-engraving and Wood-engraving.
- J. E. Poorman. Bicycles and Supplies Store.
- The John Shillito Company.
- Dodd, Werner & Co. Supplier of Gas and Electric Fixtures.
- Page 75.
- Fleischmann Co. Compressed Yeast Manufacturer.
- Robert Leslie. Real Estate Agent for Norwood, North Evanston, Idlewild and Pleasant Ridge.
—Office at Hopkins Avenue Station
- "Big Four." The Cincinnati, Cleveland, Chicago and St. Louis. Railroad Company.
—M. E. Ingalls, President, E. O. McCormick, Passenger Traffic Manager, D. B. Martin, General Passenger and Ticket Agent.
- Page 76.
- The Union Paving Co. Vitrified Paving Block and Sewer Brick Manufacturer.
- J. E. McCracken, President, Ed. S. Grant, General Manager, T. F. McClure, Secreatary and Treasurer.
- Works at New Cumberland, W. Va.; and Middleport, Ironton, and Portsmouth, Ohio.
- Smith & Weisenborn Supplier of Pianos.
—Tuning orders at Smith's residence, Mills Avenue and Carter Street.
- The Model Laundry Co. Laundry Company with Three Day per Week Norwood Delivery.
—Jno. Anderson, President, W. W. Riley, Secretary and Treasurer.
- Page 77.
- Page 78.
- Page 79.
- Page 80.
- Highland Route.—C., L. & N. Railway.
—Suburban trains to Ivanhoe, Hopkins Avenue, Norwood Park, East Norwood and other stations outside of Norwood.
- Geo. Hafer. Agent for the Subdivision in the Heart of Norwood. (Note: Originally, this subdivision may have been known as "Hedger's Addition to Norwood," and later as "Old Norwood.")
- "The Subdivisions made by Hedger and others, located West of the Montgomery Road, opposite the Main School Building."
- "Lots all fifty feet front, located on Montgomery Road, Maple and Elm Avenues."
- Page 81.
- The Brunswick-Balke-Collender Co. Billard Table Manufacturer.
- A. O. Elzner, Architect
—"The largest residence in Norwood, commonly known as the "Capitol" of Norwood, belonging to Dr. A. Springer, was built from designs by A. O. Elzner.
- The Yale & Towne Manufacturing Company. Lock Manufacturer.
- W. J. Behymer & Son. Undertaker; Livery and Boarding Stable.
- W. H. Stewart's Sons Contractors.
—W. H. Stewart, Jr., G. S. Stewart, and H. H. Stewart.
- Page 82.
- Page 83.
- Cincinnati Society of Decorative Art. Embroidery Materials and Novelties.
—Miss Curry, formerly of Woman's Exchange is in charge.
- Bissinger's Fine French Confections.
- The Poundsford Stationery Co. Stationery and Engraving.
- Feldman's Norwood Heights Subdivision. Proprieter of this Subdivision.
- Kock & Braunstein. China and Glassware.
- Malden Bros. Plumbers and Gas Fitters.
—E. J. Malden & Wm. G. Malden, at Montgomery Road, north of Hopkins Avenue Depot.
- Mollenkamp & Binne. Manufacturers of the Champion Washing Machine.
—Fred Mollenkamp, residence on Sheraman Avenue, and Henry Binne.
- M. A. McGuire. Trunk, Valise and Satchel Manufacturer.
- Oliver Schlemmer. Steam and Hot Water Heating Engineer.
—Equipped Ashley Lloyd's residence with a Spence heater.
- Page 84.
- Page 85.
- Hess & Co. Builders of Fine Carriages and Wagons.
—Main and Highland Avenues, Norwood.
- James M. Harper. Surveyor and Civil Engineer.
—Residence on Crown Avenue, Norwood.
- John Grossius' Sons. Manufacturers of furnaces for heating and ventilating.
- Richter & Wessling. Architects & Superintendents.
—Architects for three Norwood school buildings.
- Chas. J. Dauner. Insurance Agent with H. C. Schell & Son Insurance Co.
—Insurer for the West Norwood Volunteer Fire Brigade when their engine house burned down on March 6th, 1894.
- Drucker & Co. Manufacturer of Trunks, Valises, Satchels, and Leather Goods.
- John W. Hall. Building Contractor.
—Builder of brickwork for the Norwood Pumping Station. Residence on Ivanhoe Avenue, Norwood.
- Page 86.
- Page 87.
- Page 88.
- Inside Back Cover.
- The Christian-Moerlin Brewing Company.
Ohio's Largest Brewery; Brewers and Bottlers of The Finest Quality of LAGER BEERS; Highest Awards at the Chicago World's Fair and all Cincinnati Expositions.
——— – ———