Benton Township's Cemeteries
1. ALDERMAN CEMETERY - Appalachian Road (SR 32) West to SR 124 through Idaho to Morgan Fork Road, Northwest to Pike Lake Road on the left. Turn left at Egypt Hollow Road and go to Greenbrier Road and turn left. 1 mile to cemetery on right on a hill in the woods about .6 mile from road. Jeep trail to the cemetery.
2. ALGEN LEETH FAMILY CEMETERY - SR 124 East from Idaho to Green Ridge Road. Go to top of hill to dirt road on right, which turns back at 45-degree angle to Green Ridge Road. Go about 1 mile to cemetery.
3. BARTON #1 CEMETERY - SR 124 West from Idaho to Green Ridge Road. Cemetery on left 3 miles from SR 124 and 100 feet from road.
4. BLANTON FAMILY CEMETERY - Private cemetery on SR 124 at Idaho. .7 mile West of SR 772 junction. About 100 yards from SR 124
on right North.
5.. BOND CHAPEL CEMETERY - SR 772 Northwest from Buchanan to Rainbow Trail Road. .4 mile to cemetery on left.
6. CLAY CEMETERY - In Cemetery Plat Book in Recorders Office. Unable to locate in 1975.
7. CLAY, OLD CEMETERY - On SR 124 West of Idaho. 1.5 mile from junction SR 124 and SR 220 on right 200 feet from road.
8. CLAYTON #1 CEMETERY - SR 124 West from Idaho to Morgan Fork Road 1.4 mile to farm lane on left. Ford Morgan Creek. Cemetery on right between creek and house, footbridge crossing creek.
9. CLAYTON #2 CEMETERY - SR 124 West from Idaho to Morgan Fork Road 1.4 mile to farm lane on left. Ford Morgan Fork Creek to the house. Cemetery about 300 yards Southwest footbridge crossing creek.
10. EDEN BAPTIST - EDGER CEMETERY - SR 124 West from Idaho to Morgan Fork Road, North toward Morgantown. Cemetery on left 1.3 mile North of Morgantown and .5 mile north of Pike Lake Road junction.
11. GARDNER CEMETERY - SR 124 West from Idaho to Morgan Fork Road; .7 mile to cemetery on right. (PICTURE)
12. GREENBRIER CEMETERY - SR 124 West from Idaho to Morgan Fork Road through Morgantown to Pike Lake Road. Go to Egypt Hollow Road on left and on to Greenbrier Road and turn left. .2 mile to cemetery on right. On Rt 3 in Pike Late State Park.
13. HAWTHEL CEMETERY - SR 124 to Morgan Fork Road; Northwest to Morgantown and turn at Auerville Road on left. Go 1 mile to Ottie Blankenship farm (1975) Cemetery is 300 yards from road behind
house across field at edge of state forest.
14. HEDGEPATH CEMENTERY - One inscribed marker & a number of fieldstones. Said to be freed slaves from early black settlement near Pike/Ross County line off Potts Hill Road. Remote location.
15. McBEE - WEST CEMETERY - SR 124 West from Idaho to Morgan Fork Road, Northwest to Rainbow Trail Road, North to Leeth Creek Road. .3 mile to cemetery on right.
16. MOORE #2 - SUMMERS CEMETERY - SR 124 West from Idaho to Morgan Fork Road to Beekman Hill Road. On left just south of Ross County line.
17. MT AUBURN CEMETERY - SR 772 Northwest from Buchanan to Benton Road on left; .9 mile North of junction of SR 772 and Rainbow Trail Road. Cemetery is on Benton Road .4 mile from SR 772.
18. PENN #1 CEMETERY - SR 124 East from Latham to Spicy Run Road on right. Cross Sunfish Creek and turn at first lane on left .3 mile from SR 124. Cemetery is across field and in woods above house.
19. SEWELL GRAVE CEMETERY - Unmarked graves of two Sewell daughters from Buchanan. North on SR 772 3 miles on right side across a fence.
20. UNKNOWN SOLDIER GRAVE - SR 124 West from Idaho to Morgan Fork Road, Northwest to Pike Lake Road to Pike Lake State Park. Grave at southern end of lake.
21. UNNAMED CEMETERY - SR 772 Northwest from Buchanan to Giers Road, first township road on left north of SR 772 and Rainbow Trail Road junction. Go to Colvin Road and turn right. Cemetery site is on left .7 mile from SR 772.
Copyright © 2003 - 2006
Pike Co. Genealogy Society a Chapter of O.G.S.
P. O. Box 224, Waverly, Ohio 45690