Mifflin Township's Cemeteries
1. ANDERSON CEMETERY - SR 124 West from Idaho to Green Ridge Road. Go about 5 miles to where Green Ridge Road makes a direct left turn toward Lapperell Road. Directly ahead is a jeep trail. Follow this trail about .5 mile to cemetery on left. (1975)
2. BARR CEMETERY - Grassy Ford Road South from Latham .6 mile to cemetery on right on hill above farm house. Plainly visible from SR 124 as you approach Latham.
3. BEEKMAN - PENN, OLD CEMETERY - SR 124 West to Beavers Ridge Road at Idaho. 10 miles to cemetery on right about 200 yards from road behind farmhouse. On the Wylo Garman farm (1975)
4. COUNTRYMAN - SHOEMAKER CEMETERY - SR 124 West from Latham to Dry Bone Road. 2 miles to cemetery on left by side of road.
5. DAVENPORT CEMETERY - SR 124 West from Latham to Dry Bone Road. About 3.9 miles to cemetery on right on top of hill on Charles W. Kneisley farm. (1975)
6. DAVIS CEMETERY - SR 124 West from Latham to Dry Bone Road. About 1.8 mile to cemetery on left about 300 yards from road on John Munsey farm. (1975)
7. EAST CEMETERY - 1.2 mile West of Latham on SR 124 on right. (PICTURE)
8. JOHNSON CEMETERY - SR 124 West of Latham to Forst State Roadside Park on right between Byington and Sinking Spring. Cemetery is on hill above park along eastern boundary line.
9. KINCAID - SPRING CEMETERY - SR 124 West from Latham to Lapperell Road. Go about .2 mile to Lapperell. Cemetery is across Kincaid Creek in woods about 500 feet from Lapperell Road.
10. LAPPERELL CEMETERY - SR 124 West from Latham to Lapperell Road, North on Lapperell to Stewart Hollow Road on left. .2 mile to cemetery at Lapperell U. B. Church on left.
11.McCOY CEMETERY - Hackleshin Road South from Byington 1 mile to cemetery on left about .3 mile from road on Mack Malone farm (1974).
12. MT ZION - ZION, OLD CEMETERY - SR 41 North from Cynthiana to Lapperell Road, on Lapperell Road to Pine Top Road, 2.1 miles to jeep trail on right. About 1 mile to cemetery on right.
13. NEW FAIN CEMETERY - SR 124 West fron Latham 2 miles to Drybone Road, 3 mile North on Drybone to cemetery on right on hill above the New Fain Community Church.
14. SHANKS CEMETERY - SR 124 East from Latham 2 miles to Smith Chapel Church. Cemetery is in woods behind church about 150 yards North of SR 124.
15. WALLS CEMETERY - SR 124 West from Idaho to Green Ridge Road, 2.5 miles to cemetery on left about 200 yards from the road.
16. WASHBURN CEMETERY - SR 124 West from Latham 4 miles to cemetery on left. Probably 300 feet from SR 124. Dirt road to cemetery. (1975) (PICTURE)
17. WEST #1 - WESTWOOD CEMETERY - SR 124 West from Latham 4.4 miles to Bell Hollow Road, Northwest about 2 miles to where the road forks. Take left fork, Pinhook Road .4 mile to dirt road on left. Cemetery on side of hill, visible from Pinhook Road.
18. WEST #2 CEMETERY - Unable to locate in 1975.
19. YOUNG CEMETERY - Beavers Ridge Road, Southwest from Idaho 6.9 miles to Trainer Hollow Road on right. 2.2 miles to end of road and to cemetery behind abandoned house .2 mile back in woods, on William Gragg farm (1975).
COPYRIGHT © 2001 - 2006
PIKE CO. GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY
A CHAPTER OF O. G. S.
P O BOX 224
WAVERLY, OHIO 45690