There are many Ross County resources available. If you own any Ross County books (or have access to), whether listed or not, and will provide reference information, please let me know. As you can see, volunteers are needed.
Lookup requests should be limited to one name, or perhaps two if it is a married couple. Information given will be minimal, for example if it is a cemetery lookup, the information will be the name of the cemetery and the dates on the headstone. Please do not ask for "everybody with X surname" or an entire family group, or for hardcopies to be mailed; the volunteers have been asked not to comply with such requests. Our lookups will extend to searching the book to determine if the book would be helpful to you in your research. Should the book prove useful, we can provide the authors address and ordering information.
Feel free to request reference information from the following resources. Please limit your request to one name per request.
If you request information, don't forget to thank your volunteer for their time.
German Lutheran Records
- Ross County marriage books 1798-1900
- Ross County census books, 1820,1830,1840,1850,1860,1870
- Cemetery books for Greenland, Grandview, Colerain Township, Jefferson
Township, Jefferson Township, Springfield Township, Harrison Township,
Franklin Township and Green Township.
- History books:
- Revolutionary War Patriots of Ross County
- History of Ross and Highland Counties, Ohio
- Chillicothe, Ohio 1796-1996
- Frankfort and Concord Township History
- Standard History of Ross County volume 1,2,3
- Chillicothe and Ross County Schools Yesterday & Today
- Little known Tales of Old Chillicothe and Ross County
- Tavern and Hotel in Chillicothe, Ohio 1799-1850
NOTE: Please allow Carol extra time to respond to your request. Thank you.
Carol also mentioned look ups at the Archives at the Ross County Court House (if
- US Federal Census 1790-1930 - All states
- Ross County birth, marriage and death records
- A Standard History of Ross County, Ohio originally published 1917
Lewis Publishing Co. Chicago, Illinois
- Justice of the Peace Record Book, Elias Benton, J.P. Kingston, Ross
County, Ohio 1830-1832.
See INDEX & Instructions for details.