The Sheller Log House

 

The Sheller Log House was originally located next to the former Lutheran Church (now the Independent Missionary Baptist Church) on East Main Street, Smithville (State Route 585).  The 1856 Baker Map of Wayne County shows that it was owned by G. Sheller, a tailor.  The exact year the house was built is not known.  It was moved in 1929 from its original location to just across the street (from the north side to the south side of East Main Street). The Smithville Community Historical Society purchased the house and moved it to its present location.  It was moved December 9, 1993.  It is located right in the middle of Smithville on State Route 585.

    Photograph by Jason Holderfield

Return to Main Index page
2007 - 2010, Smithville Community Historical Society, OH, USA
Including Text, Graphics, and Photographs
All Rights Reserved