The Richland County – Shelby Chapter
Of The Ohio Genealogical Society


 
London Church & Cemetery
 
 
Photo 7/2000
 
Located on the southeast corner of Smiley East Road and Plymouth - Springmill Road,
about 2 miles east of Shelby.
 

 
 
 
 
Photo courtesy of the Shelby Museum of History
London - St. Peter's Lutheran Church (no longer on site)
 
"Early meetings were held in private houses and the (London) schoolhouse, but in 1832, a log church was
erected in the northern part of the (Jackson) township, (Section 10), which was called the "London Church",
from the fact of its proximity to the village of London, in Cass Township. . . . They worshipped in the old
log church until 1842 or 1843, when they erected the present frame building." 1
 
 

 
- - PARTIAL LISTING - -
 

 
 
Cooper
 
 
Photo 7/2000
 
William A. Cooper
CO. F. 163 Reg. O.V.V.I.
Dec. 1, 1835.
Dec. 18, 1912
Sarah J.
Dec. 26, 1841
Feb. 16, 1877
 

 
Snyder
 
 
Photo 7/2000
 
John M. Snyder
Dec. 30, 1838
Apr. 24, 1902
__
 
Lydia A. Laser
his wife
Apr. 15, 1840
Oct. 19, 1900
 
(Small marker right:)
 
Pvt. John M. Snyder
5 Mo. Vol. Inf. - CSA

 
Marvin
 
 
 
Photo 7/2000
 
 
Silas Marvin
1805 - 1872
__
 
Judith Marvin
1807 - 1895
__
 
(marker nearby:)
Brothers - Edward & Silas
Sons 0f - S. & J. Marvin
 

 
May
 
 
 
 
Leonard May
Born c. 1784
Died December, 1856
 
Catherine (Wertz) May
Born c. 1795
Died November, 1875
 

 
Henry May
(Bedford Co., Pa.)
Born c. 1825
Died October, 1905
 

 
1. History of Richland County, Ohio: It's Past and Present. Compiled by A. A. Graham, Mansfield, Ohio - 1880
 
 
 

If you have information that you would like to contribute to this page, please contact us.
 


Copyright © 2000 - 2011 Richland County - Shelby Chapter of The Ohio Genealogy Society