East Side - 1884
the Fire Engine House is in it's proper location just
of the bridge on the south side of main Street. In the
sanborn view, the "new" Central School (built in
is shown just below the number 9 (above). Also
there is a dwelling where the band stand
C.1911) is now located.
the many items to note, Mansfield Ave is shown as
Broadway, the Beverstock hotel on the SW corner
the East square is now the refurbished Shelby Hotel.
Main street on the NW corner was the Opera House.
map indicates the many shops on the street level
store, grocery, etc). Just to the east, there is the
office located next to the siding of the then
& Ohio railroad.
the railroad north, the Sash, Blind, Door,
Lumber Mill of Francis Brucker is shown on the
side of the tracks. This was to later become
Shelby Lumber Co.
© 2000 - 2004 Richland County - Shelby Chapter of The Ohio