Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

 
 
 
Vintage Shelby Maps
 
 
 
Shelby West Side (left) - 1884
 
Sanborn Mapearl
iest
 
 
 
This map provides a much expanded view of the west side square
which was the Original Part of Shelby.
 
The Methodist church is in it's current location (directly above).
 
A drug store and grocery store are located on the southeast
corner of the square where the First National Bank is now located.
 
There is a photo studio on the northwest corner and a butter and
egg produce store just to the north.
 
A drug store and a books and jewelry store are located on
the Northeast corner in the Union Block building.
 
The southwest corner is the Mickey Block with a dry goods
store and a grocery as well as the Cockley & Dick building
with a hardware and a clothes store featuring hats and caps.
 
Of the streets listed, all are the same as in the present, except
West Mill Street which has been changed to Whitney ave.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Copyright © 2000 - 2004 Richland County - Shelby Chapter of The Ohio Genealogy Society