- Correspondence news found
in the Aug. 10, 1899 Crestline Democrat.
- Vernon Junction Notes
- Mr. Goetz of near Ashland
visited with Father Hopp over Sunday.
- Miss Kittie Carrigan returned
to Mansfield after two weeks visit with the McMahon family.
- Mrs. Bridget ODay of
Edgerton, O. was the guest of R. Finnegan and family several
days last week.
- Bennet Cattey, George Colle
and Harry Orwiler left for Ada last Monday to attend college
at that place.
- Mrs. Hammond of Columbus left
for home Friday after a couple of weeks visiting with friends
in the settlement.
- Misses Mary McMahon, Minnie
Sutter and Cora Knapp and Messrs. Peter and Louis Brennan and
Sherman Myers took a trip to Toledo, Sunday.
- Barney Mc Mahon, while out
exercising his mustang last Saturday evening lost control of
the animal and took a more speedy ride than he had bargained
- S.H. Tucker of Vernon expects
to move to Shelby soon, where he will erect a 10 cent barn .
This will fill a long felt want in the town. We wish our friend
success in his undertaking.
- Mrs. Chas. Boles, who died
Friday at the home of her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Martin Guenther
was buried at 10 oclock from the Reformed Church of Shelby.
Interment in Oakland cemetery.
- Will Fry feels a pardonable
pride in driving his new snow white road horse. While Prince
cannot exactly show his heels to every stepper in town, yet like
a tortoise, he manages to get there.
- Some of Shelby sports were
out Sunday afternoon trying to chase up a game of ball, but failed
owing to the fact that the settlement team wished to meet something
that could afford them at lease common amusement.
- Submitted by Mr. Kim Butler