Seneca County, OH
Posted Queries for October thru December 1997
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- BOOMER posted by Sandy Dennis on Wednesday, October 1, 1997
- I am searching for information on my 3rd great-grandfather, Jabez BOOMER. He is reported to have died in Seneca County in 1868, having moved there from New York in1833. He was a Baptist preacher, and had 14 children. I would like to find out the name of his wife and anything at all I can find out about him and his family.
- ANDERON, ANDERSON posted by Bob Collins on Thursday, October 2, 1997
- Looking for information on the parents of Elizabeth ANDERSON, born in Bettsville, OH March 18, 1837, died in Epworth, IA, March 2, 1913. I think her father's name was Abraham ANDERON. He was born in Virginia about 1806 and died in Epworth, IA January 30, 1856. Any information would be appreciated.
- BIDDLE, FACKLER, MUIR, SWEAGEN, SWEAGER posted by Robert Bishop on Saturday, October 4, 1997
- MUIR, 1800s - OH - Seeking parents of Phylinda MUIR, b. 11 Jun 1860 in Greensprings, Seneca Co. near Sandusk Co. OH m. 24 Sep 1880 in Gibsonburg OH. Possibly she was from the Muir family shown in the 1880 census of Green Springs, Seneca Co. Pg. 069B headed by James Muir, 35, (b. OH, father and mother b. NY) and including his father Peter Muir, 65. (b. NY, father b. Scotland, mother b. CT). There are also two later records of admission of Peter Muir to the Seneca Co. Home. MUIR, BIDDLE, FACKLER -1800s - OH- Seeking second marriage of PHYLINDA MUIR, b. 11 Jun 1860 in Greensprings OH m. (1) 24 Sep 1880 in Gibsonburg OH to George Washington BIDDLE, (2) aft. 1888 perhaps to SWEAGEN or SWEAGER, (3) 1922 to John E. FACKLER of Haviland, Paulding Co. OH.
- BILLINGS, REIN posted by Millie Coulter on Wednesday, October 8, 1997
- I am searching for the family of Pauline REIN who lived in Tiffin in the late 1800's and early 1900's. She married Gordon BILLINGS in 1917 and died in 1919 or 1920. She is buried in Tiffin. Her parents lived in Tiffin when she died. I would like any information and to be in contact with any family members who know of her. I have the trunk that belonged to her husband and it contains information about her.
- FERRIS, HUBER, WARD posted by Terry Wilson on Thursday, October 9, 1997
- FERRIS, WARD, HUBER Looking for Charles Grandison FERRIS b 8 Jul 1827 Portage Co OH d 1 Sep 1888 Van Wert Co OH, Veteran of Civil War - Chaplain, 123rd OVI. S/o Charles Y. FERRIS Charles m1 Sarah HUBER abt 1849. She b 1829 Hardin Co OH d 1860 OH. Children: Frank b 1851, Mary b 1854, and Charles b 1858. In 1860 they just disappear, no more records. Poss d Hardin or Crawford Co OH. Charles m2 Sallie WARD 5 Feb 1861 Hardin Co OH. She b 18 Sep 1842 OH d 23 Jan 1903 Van Wert Co OH. She d/o Francis WARD and Charlotte ?). Children: Hattie, Claude, Phebe, Frederick, Newton, Ellsworth, Blanche, and Frankie all b 1862-1880. Bad News - Charles was a traveling minister obviously paid by the mile. Residences and dates extrapolations: 1856-8 Seneca Co, 1858-9 Sandusky Co, 1859-61 Hardin Co, 1861-2 Crawford Co, 1862-4 Army, 1864-5 Logan Co, 1865-7 Defiance Co, 1867-9 Lucas Co, 1869-70 Williams Co, 1871-2 Fulton Co, 18730-5 Ottawa Co, 1876-7 Wood Co, and 1878 - death in Van Wert Co. Any help would be appreciated. Terry Wilson 40 S. Gamble St Shelby, OH 44875
- COLE, MOORE, MORE posted by Barbara Hogberg on Saturday, October 11, 1997
- COLE, Thomas Jefferson, born June 23, 1847 in Seneca Co. to Benjamin and Jane MORE (MOORE) COLE. Looking for any info on this family.
- MORRIS, MORRISON posted by James Morrison on Thursday, October 23, 1997
- Can someone with access to marriage records for Tiffin OH see if there is a marriage listed between a Charlotte MORRISON and a John MORRIS. Charlotte was born in Chester County PA and the marriage would have been around the 1820's-1830's. I don't know anything about John Morris. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Jim Morrison
- LAMBERT, MITCHELL, VANY posted by Mikki on Saturday, November 1, 1997
- Searching for information on William LAMBERT married to Mary VANY sometime around 1888. Had one daughter I know of, Iva May Lambert On June 6, 1889 in Fosteria, Ohio. Mary later married George MITCHELL in 1890's. Had son Charles Mitchell in 1897 in Michigan, my grand father. Would love to learn more information of Lambert, Vany, and Mitchell, If you have any information please contact me at Mik428@aol.com. Thankyou
- SCHMIDT, SMITH posted by Windsor600@aol.com on Sunday, November 2, 1997
- Seeking info re Rudolph SCHMIDT, b. Bavaria, 1791. Came to USA , entering via port of New Orleans, in 1832 with three children, Elizabeth, Eva and Henry. Did his wife accompany this family to America? Anyone know the name of the spouse of Rudolph Schmidt? Name was Angelicized to SMITH, but Rudolph apparently never adopted the name Smith.
- CLEMENS, GONDER, KAISER posted by John Gunder on Sunday, November 2, 1997
- Need information on a Daniel CLEMENS, wife Hannah KAISER, and their family. They had large family 4sons and 10 daughters. One of the daughters married a David GONDER had two sons born in Seneca Co. Ohio: JOHN PERRY and HARRY SOLOMON. Mail me at KBOSZO@aol.com.
- SWING posted by Pam Kerschner on Sunday, November 9, 1997
- SWING: I am researching toe SWING family of Seneca County, Ohio and am willing to share information. I have information on John Henry Swing b ca 03 July 1837 in Hopewell Twp., OH, d 25 Feb 1883 in Tiffin, OH; and Leobold (or Lebold) Swing b 23 Dec 1835 in Loudon Twp. Seneca Co. d. Sep 1912. Both were shoemakers in Tiffin. Were they brothers? Who were their parents? I would appreciate hearing from anyone researching the SWING name. Thanks!
- HARE, HOIL, HUFFMAN, HULL, LEOPARD, LEPARD, LESTER, PALMETER, WOOLET posted by Megan on Monday, November 10, 1997
- LEOPARD, LEPARD, PALMETER, HUFFMAN, LESTER, HULL, WOOLET, HARE Progenitor of family reputed to be Abraham LEOPARD of MD (possibly in census index MD 1820-1850) ch: 1. Isaac 1790s - 1840s, 2. Betsy, 3. John, 4. Polly, 5. Daniel, 6. Sally, 7. Samuel, 8. Rebecca, 9. Abraham. Son Isaac LEOPARD and family moved from Fairfield to Seneca Co, OH ~1830. Isaac b. 1790s possibly in MD, married Nancy Black? HUFFMAN b. 1789 VA, ch: 1. Mary Ann b. ~1820, married Thomas C. LESTER; 2. Abram b ~1823 OH; 3. Rachel 1825-1857; 4. John 1825-1893, marr. 1865 Harriet HULL/HOIL; 5. Daniel b.1830 Reed twp, Seneca Co, OH,m. Margaret PALMETER 1855, moved to Ionia Co, MI 1860s; 6. Isaac 1833-1913, in Civil War 1861-64, m. 1856 Sarah Ann WOOLET; 7. Jacob b~1837, marr 1857 Lucretia PALMETER, also moved to Ionia, MI; 8. Samuel 1838-1911, m. 1861 Sarah Ann HARE (1842-1872); 9. David 1842-1843 bur Attica Cem, Venice twp, Seneca, OH Any info on these families, please contact Megan: MegansTree@aol.com
- MCGOWAN, SWAYSIE, WILLIAMS posted by Albert Muth on Wednesday, November 12, 1997
- I am seeking information on the family of Dr. Amos S. WILLIAMS of Fostoria, who was born 19 Dec 1823 Fairfield Co, OH, son of George WILLIAMS and Elsie SWAYSIE. He married 1853 Sara R. McGOWAN. According to the 1886 History of Seneca County, they had two children living at that time Dr. Linnaeus G. WILLIAMS and John H. WILLIAMS. In an 1888 obituary, a Dr. Williams of Fostoria was in attendance at the funeral of his cousin Ammi WILLIAMS, Jr. of Fremont, Sandusky County. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
- ALLEN posted by Shirley on Wednesday, November 12, 1997
- My husband's gg-grandfather, George W. Allen died in Seneca County OH on 11/15/1852. He was buried in Sheler Cemetery. Could anyone tell me where Sheler Cemetery is? Thanks, Shirley.
- KIME, KIMES posted by Nancy Thompson on Monday, November 17, 1997
- KIME/KIMES. Looking for information on Amanda (or Amelia) Kime/Kimes, b. ca. 1839 in OH, and David, Daniel, Elias, Isaac and John KIME who appear on the 1840 Seneca Co. Census. All living in Hopewell Twp. except David KIME who is in Liberty Twp. Any information appreciated.
- KIME, KIMES posted by Nancy Thompson on Thursday, November 20, 1997
- KIME. I am interested in any information on the KIME or KIMES family of Seneca Co. The 1830 Census lists the following KIME men: Andrew, Daniel, David, Elias, Isaac, John, William, Jacob. In particular, I would like to know if any of these men is the father of Amanda Kime(s) b. ca. 1839. Thank you!
- BLACK, FORREST, HARE, HUFFMAN, HULL, LEOPARD, LEPARD, LESTER, PALMETER, WOOLET, WOOLETT posted by Megan on Thursday, November 27, 1997
- LEOPARD & LEPARD, HUFFMAN, BLACK, LESTER, HULL, PALMETER, WOOLET, FORREST Supposedly Abraham LEOPARD of 1820 Greenfield twp, Fairfield Co, OH census had Isaac (1797-1848), Betsey, John, Polly, Daniel, Sally, Samuel, Rebecca and Abraham. There is also a Jacob LEOPARD in Liberty twp, Fairfield Co. Are they related? Issac (1797-1848) LEPARD married Nancy HUFFMAN (or BLACK?) and had Mary Ann, Abram (~1832), Rachel (1825), John (1825) in Fairfield Co then moved to Reed twp, Seneca Co, OH and had Daniel (1830), Isaac (1833), Jacob (1837), Samuel (1838), and David (1842-43). Mary Ann m.1848 Thomas C. LESTER, Abram went to Fulton Co, OH and m ~1852 Hannah FORREST, John m.1865 Harriet HULL, Daniel m.1855 Margaret PALMETER, Isaac m.1856 Sarah Ann WOOLETT, Jacob m.1857 Lucretia PALMETER, Samuel m.1861 Sarah Ann HARE. Daniel and Jacob went to Ionia Co, MI ~1861. Interested in all named. Thanks, Megan.
- HARTZELL, LITZENBERGER, SPALDING, STRAUSS posted by Stephen J. Hartzell on Wednesday, December 17, 1997
- I would like to hear from anyone researching HARTZELL, STRAUSS, SPALDING, LITZENBERGER of Seneca Co. Also looking for information, letters, etc. from the 8TH OVI & 123RD OVI, Civil War units. I also have written a story about ROCK RUN CEMETERY. Will gladly share or trade info. & research.
- posted by Stephen J. Hartzell on Wednesday, December 17, 1997
- I am willing to trade research for research with people in LEHIGH CO., PA, - JEWEL CO., KS, - HAMMILTON CO., IN in exchange for my research in SENECA CO., OH. I would also like the names and date of emmigration, of people who came from LEHIGH to SENECA. Will share the info with all contributers, or just ask.
- ISH, RICH posted by Karen Fry on Thursday, December 18, 1997
- Need info on Rev. John ISH m. Katherine RICH. Their daughter was Alice Cordelia b. Nov. 18, 1855 in Seneca County, OH. Alice's death cert. lists John Ish as being born in Michigan and Katherine Rich as being born in NY. Have discharge papers from the civil war for who I believe is Alice's brother James N. ISH. Any and all info is appreciated. Will share info that I have. Karen Fry
- FRY posted by Karen Fry on Friday, December 19, 1997
- Am looking for info on John and Eve/Eva FRY. Their son Eli FRY was born Oct. 24, 1837 in Big Springs Twp., Seneca Co. Eli's death certificate indicates that John and Eve/Eva were both born in Pennsylvania. The 1850 census for Big Springs Twp., Seneca Co. lists John-52, Eve-55, Jacob-17, Rebecca-15, Eli-11, Amanda-9, Susan-8, and Eve-3. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.